With more than 800 lawyers situated in the world’s financial centers, our global banking and finance team has one of the longest histories of any law firm in the field, advising major banks, finance providers, export credit agencies, corporate and sovereign entities and other participants in the global banking and finance arena.
“Acts for banking syndicates on high-value and cross-border financing arrangements, aided by the firm's global presence.” Chambers Asia-Pacific, 2018
We advise across the full spectrum of legal banking and finance matters, acting for parties ranging from multinational lenders to growth corporations. Clients depend on us for legal advice on day-to-day banking and finance issues for issuers, underwriters, borrowers and lenders, as well as for our leadership in complex, cross-border banking and finance transactions for some of the world’s most prominent financial institutions and corporations.
Our lawyers also are experienced in the full range of debt and equity transactions in the global capital markets, including standalone debt issuances, Sukuk, securitizations, covered, convertible, exchangeable, taxable and tax-exempt bonds, MTN/CP programs, structured products, equity-linked issuances and public-private partnerships (PPP).
Our areas of work include
- Acquisition finance and corporate lending
- Agency finance
- Asset-based lending
- Asset finance
- Bankruptcy, restructuring and insolvency
- Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT)
- Capital markets
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Islamic finance
- Projects and project finance
- Public and government finance
- Real estate
- Structured trade and commodity finance
- Structured finance
- Transport finance, including aviation, shipping and rail
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Global, Australia: Banking & Finance: Corporate Finance, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers Asia-Pacific, Australia: Banking & Finance: Corporate Finance, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, Australia: Banking & Finance, The Legal 500, 2018