Clients say "The team provides a responsive and seamless service. It is so slick and well run that I struggle to see where it can improve." Chambers Global 2010
In an often complex and highly sensitive domain, we have one of Australia’s most respected competition and regulatory teams. Our lawyers are often found working on some of the country’s highest profile matters - from international cartel prosecutions to merger clearances for household name companies.
With a team that mixes astute and commercially minded advisors, former ACCC investigators and prosecutors, and born and bred defence lawyers, we offer the very highest quality advice and representation.
We are experienced in acting in ACCC investigations, regulatory prosecutions and private enforcement proceedings, including class actions. We also regularly advise and represent clients on matters involving market dominance and pricing decisions, distribution and supply arrangements, procurement, joint ventures, merger clearances, authorisations and notifications, access pricing and industry-specific market regulation of utilities.
Our practice consists of over 100 competition law specialists based in Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa, United States and Canada. This global reach allows us to provide solutions that will withstand scrutiny in all major competition law jurisdictions. We can therefore offer clients, wherever in the world we act for them, advice that draws on the depth and breadth of this international experience.
We offer you:
- strong links with policymakers and regulators; we play a key role in shaping new and existing competition policies in the region
- one of the few firms which combines a substantial merger control practice with a non-transactional competition practice, including a specialised cartel investigation unit
- a team who act for major corporate players and public companies, as well as government agencies and private sector entities
- experience in economic regulation, advising both regulated companies and regulators on utility regulation, licensing and price control issues
- lawyers who have worked inside government and regulatory agencies, and have an excellent understanding of the approach and priorities of competition officials, policymakers and enforcers.