Our Employment team is one of the most substantial and few truly integrated and internationally organised groups operating in Australia. Our Australian employment practice has a national footprint of dedicated employment lawyers with a presence in each of our offices.
Our approach is different to our competitors: we take time to understand our clients strategy and culture and try wherever possible to achieve their commercial objectives efficiently, without costly litigation and disruption. We do not over service, and as a result our relationships are longstanding.
Should litigation be necessary, our outstanding employment litigation practice has advised on landmark decisions made in Australian courts and tribunals. Our size allows us to respond immediately when a dispute arises, and we are at the forefront of legislative change.
Often, our clients’ work is global. Many of them are moving across borders within Asia Pacific. We provide best practice advice, help them traverse complicated local legislation changes and allow them to deploy one approach to their human capital across a number of regions. Very few firms offer this seamless approach.
Our equal employment opportunity advice is second to none: we are currently advising clients on diversity, looking at initiatives to ensure their boards satisfy recent changes in government law. We are also seeing more labour disputation work as the market contracts, and are advising more employers behind the scenes to prevent a situation from arising.
We offer you:
- one of the largest national and international employment practices, our lawyers provide seamless advice on moving human capital across borders,
- a first rate employment litigation practice, who have advised on many of the landmark decisions in the last ten years,
- a strong understanding of industry sectors, including construction and engineering, energy, retail, and banking,
- a team who seek to understand the nature of your business, whose approach is focused on achieving your objectives, and
- detailed advice on equal opportunity compliance in light of recent changes in government laws.