Our mix of high-level legal, technological and commercial expertise enables us to understand technology and business-related risk issues that organisations are often unaware of. We have the insight to see opportunities and deliver solutions that may not be apparent to other lawyers.
As you would expect, our services cover everything from advice to implementation:
- advice on all online issues including e-commerce strategies, hosting and content privacy
- information technology development and implementation advice
- outsourcing, including business processes outsourcing and system outsourcing
- e-security, including policy development, practices and procedures guides and reviews
- systems procurement, including all the processes which may sit around such exercises including specification preparation, RFT and similar documentation and evaluation and review
- public key infrastructure (PKI) system development
- identity management and authentication
- intellectual property protection
- commercialisation of technology products
- preparation of GITC based contracts
- technology specific due diligence
We make a point of getting to the essence of the deal when it comes to IT outsourcing, with the aim of resolving the technical and commercial issues as well as the “legals” to give you the best possible solution.
Public key infrastructure
We are the only Australian law firm to have assisted in the successful onboarding by a bank into the Identrus® Trust system. We have significant knowledge of the systems and documents which underpin the use of public key infrastructure (PKI), and the identity requirements for certificate issuance.
Increased reliance on technology means the need has never been greater for clients to safeguard critical assets and take steps to protect the integrity and confidentiality of their business information. We co-authored Australia’s first book on managing the legal risks associated with e-security.
Project management skills
We have equipped our lawyers with project management skills so we can take an active role in this process where required. Increasingly we find that with larger technology projects, especially outsourcing and procurement, this is an area where our contribution is most valued, both in timely delivery and to eliminate surprises.
General IT contracts
We have strong experience across a wide range of general IT contracting matters including:
- joint venture and teaming agreements
- consulting and services agreements
- subcontracting arrangements
- confidentiality agreements
- technology licensing agreements
- facility management agreements
- website hosting agreements and website terms and conditions
- escrow agreements
- privacy policies,
- value added reseller agreements
- application service provider agreements.