Our Brussels antitrust and competition team forms an integral part of our highly regarded global antitrust and competition group. We advise prominent international corporations, financial institutions and governments on all aspects of EU competition and regulatory law, as well as general EU law including WTO and trade issues and national competition laws in Austria, France, Germany, Spain, Romania and the UK.
We work alongside our teams of antitrust and competition lawyers across the globe to deliver integrated advice on complex cross-border issues throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia and Africa. We represent clients in all of the key EU member states and also act as competition counsel to the EU Commission.
In Europe, the privatisation and liberalisation of state monopolies and public utilities has led to the creation of special regimes and codes amplifying and modifying general competition laws in a number of sectors. With particular focus on our key industry sectors, our lawyers have developed an in-depth knowledge of all antitrust, competition and regulatory issues affecting our clients in: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Our areas of work include
- anti-competitive agreements and concerted practices
- laws on abuse of a dominant position
- state aid and public procurement for companies needing clearance, complainants and those accused of infringement of EU/EEA competition rules
- merger control
- market investigations and compliance
- regulatory advice.
Our recent work
- Advising G4S plc, the global security services provider, on the proposed £5.2bn acquisition of ISS, a global provider of facilities management services. The EU filing was particularly challenging as this was done in parallel with attending all of the preparatory meetings with the European Commission
- Advising Brightpoint, Inc. on the US$840m merger with Ingram Micro Inc., a Fortune 100 company, and the world’s largest wholesale technology distributor and a global leader in IT supply-chain, mobile device lifecycle services and logistics solutions.
- Advising Stena Line Scandinavia AB on the acquisition of five ferry routes from German shipping company Scandlines GmbH.