Our Business Immigration and International Mobility Team advises employers and companies of various sizes on all aspects of immigration matters including work permits, visas, study permits, permanent resident status and citizenship.
We are uniquely qualified to support clients with their daily workforce mobility challenges for the following reasons:
- Depth of knowledge and experience – We have more than 30 years of experience and in-depth knowledge of administrative regulations, national policies and international treaties governing foreign workers, which allow us to provide business owners and executives with up-to-date and strategic advice. We help various sized companies and individuals in a wide spectrum of industries such as pharmaceutical and life sciences, energy, information technology, financial institutions, manufacturing, entertainment, sports and transport sectors.
- Timely and top quality service – Our remarkable client service sets us apart from our competitors. Our lawyers are always available to answer any immigration question. Whether relocating employees outside of their home country or hiring foreign employees, our lawyers work hand in hand with our clients to obtain applicable authorizations for individuals and their families. We are able to directly handle both time-sensitive and high-volume matters, providing tailored and successful solutions in the shortest timeframes.
- Full range of services – We help our clients evaluate foreign candidates, prepare employment contracts and working conditions, tax strategy, prepare applications for visas, study permits, work permits, permanent residence and citizenship, advise on options for spouses and children, advise on and analyze residency obligations, and advise on post-arrival procedures (including medical coverage, social insurance, driver’s license and school registration).
- U.S. immigration practice – We also assist clients seeking to relocate to the United States, whether for short- or long-term assignments, ensuring they comply with the U.S. regulations, national policies and international treaties governing foreign workers. We advise on globally-related and NAFTA-related non immigrant visa applications and corresponding visa extensions, green card applications, applications for U.S. citizenship (naturalization), U.S. immigration aspects of mergers and acquisitions, Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) compliance, visa overstays, violations of non-immigrant visa status, waivers of inadmissibility, employer sanctions and compliance, as well as family employment authorization card applications, family based petitions and visa extensions.
Rankings and accolades
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Immigration, Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Employment and Labour (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Chambers Canada, Alberta: Employment and Labour (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Chambers Canada, Ontario: Employment and Labour (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Chambers Canada, Quebec: Employment and Labour (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Chambers Canada, British Columbia: Employment and Labour, Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Legal 500, Canada: Business Immigration, The Legal 500, 2018
- Legal 500, Canada: Labour and Employment (Tier 1), The Legal 500, 2018
- Chambers Global, Canada: Employment and Labour (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2017
We have provided immigration advice and related services to the following:
|5N Plus Inc.
||National Bank of Canada
|Bank of Montreal
||Pratt & Whitney Canada
||Royal Bank of Canada
|Laurentian Bank of Canada
||Pro Bono assistance to war victims in Iraq and earthquake victims in Haiti