For many years we have had a significant technology practice. Our team advises on all aspects of technology development, procurement and licensing arrangements as well as on disputes arising from such arrangements.
We have advised on a number of new and convergent technology matters for a range of international and domestic clients. With technology lawyers throughout our offices in Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East, we can provide tailored and integrated advice on both domestic and cross-border transactions.
We advise on the full range of transactions and commercialization techniques for a number of prominent clients from start-ups to multinational technology corporations specializing in the fields of electronics, semiconductors, network, infrastructure hardware, financial services technology, software, IT services, e-commerce, Internet and digital media.
We also act for venture capitalists, private equity firms, investment banks and other financial institutions that finance and invest in companies in the technology sector.
Our areas of work include
- technology development
- licensing and protection
- investment (including venture capital, equity capital market fundraising and private equity)
- mergers and acquisitions
- software technology transactions (including ASP, cloud and SaaS delivery models and open source)
- privacy law
- provision of services, electronic commerce and Internet
- intellectual property protection
Rankings and accolades
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Information Technology, Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Chambers Global, Canada: Information Technology, Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Legal 500, Canada: Technology, The Legal 500, 2018