Noah Schein practises corporate and commercial law, with a particular focus on banking, public and private finance, mergers and acquisitions and securities law. He also advises directors, management and shareholders in the context of complex shareholder relations and contested shareholder meetings.
Mr. Schein obtained his CPA, CA designation while working as a senior analyst in the mergers and acquisitions tax department of an international accounting firm. During that time, Mr. Schein worked on numerous mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions and tax structuring projects on behalf of a wide range of clients, including public and private companies and private equity firms.
J.D., University of Windsor, 2012
CPA, CA, Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario, 2009
B.B.A., Schulich School of Business, York University, 2006
Mr. Schein has recently acted for the following clients:
- Jacob Securities Inc. as lead agent on an equity financing of Transeastern Power Trust
- Bank of Montreal on a US$350 million revolving credit facility in favour of Blommer Chocolate Company and certain of its subsidiaries
- JPMorgan Chase Bank on a US$250 million revolving credit facility in favour of United Radio Incorporated and certain of its subsidiaries
- Bank of America, N.A. on a US$175 million revolving credit facility in favour of Pittsburgh Glass Works and certain of its subsidiaries
- PNC Bank, National Association on a US$68 million revolving credit facility and the agent under a US$110 million term loan facility in favour of Tempel Steel Company and certain of its subsidiaries
- Bank of America, N.A., on a US$150 million revolving credit facility in favour of CDI Corporation and certain of its subsidiaries
- Telesta Therapeutics Inc. on a US$29 million private placement in Canada and the United States
- Bank of America, N.A. on a senior secured credit facility in the principal amount of US$1.4 billion in favour of Univar Inc., Univar Canada Ltd, and certain of their subsidiaries
- FrontFour Capital Group LLC in a shareholder dispute with Legacy Oil + Gas Inc.
Rankings and recognitions
- Board of Governors’ Medal, University of Windsor, highest standing in law school class
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario