Eric Malysa practises corporate and commercial law, with a focus on energy and natural resources, mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations and corporate governance. He has assisted in both domestic and international energy matters, including share purchase transactions, asset acquisitions and regulatory matters. Mr. Malysa’s experience includes drafting agreements, research memoranda, legal opinions and conducting due diligence.
Additionally, he has a background in strategy and financial analytics, having worked in the international transportation sector prior to entering law school.
Mr. Malysa joined our Calgary office as a summer student in 2014. He returned as an articling student in 2015, during which he completed a secondment in the legal department of Imperial Oil Limited.
International Business Certificate (Distinction), Grenoble École de Management, 2011
B.B.A. (Hons.), Simon Fraser University, 2010
J.D., Thompson Rivers University, 2015
Rankings and recognitions
- Dean’s List, Thompson Rivers University Faculty of Law, 2014, 2015
- Dean’s Course Prize for highest standing in the Administrative Law course, 2014
- Dean’s Course Prize for highest standing in the Secured Transactions course, 2013
- Graduation with Distinction, Grenoble École de Management, 2011
- President’s Honour Roll, Simon Fraser University, 2010
- Dean’s Honour Roll, Simon Fraser University, 2010
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Law Alberta