Jean R. Allard , CHRP
Jean Allard practises in the area of employment and labour litigation. His focus includes labour relations, workers’ compensation and human rights. He appears before administrative tribunals with jurisdiction in these matters, such as grievance arbitrators, the Commission des relations du travail, the Commission des lésions professionnelles, and the courts of Quebec, including the Superior Court and the Quebec Court of Appeal, in cases involving administrative law and employment law.
Mr. Allard also represents clients in preparing and negotiating the renewal of collective agreements, particularly related to business restructuring and recovery.
Year of call
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 1986
B.Sc., Université de Montréal, 1983
- Speaker at seminars on employment and labour law, occupational health and safety, psychological harassment and the liability of employers for accident prevention.
Rankings and recognitions
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2012: recommended in Occupational Health & Safety
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2012-2013 - Workers Compensation Law
Memberships and activities
- Association of Industrial Relations Graduates of the Université de Montréal
- Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines et en relations industrielles agréés au Québec
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)
- Former director
- Graduates' Society of Université de Montréal
- Council of associate governors of Université de Montréal
As business information changes hands ever more quickly, it is becoming increasingly difficult for companies to protect their know-how and confidential informatio....
Jean Allard talks to Argent about employees wasting time on the Internet at work and suggests creating internal policies in addition to having good judgment on In....