Jean R. Allard, CHRP
Jean Allard practises employment and labour litigation. His focus includes labour relations, workers’ compensation and human rights and he has vast experience with the use of restrictive covenants in employment. He appears before administrative tribunals with jurisdiction in these matters, such as grievance arbitrators, the Commission des relations du travail (Quebec's labour relations board), the Commission des lésions professionnelles (Quebec employment injury review board), and the courts of Quebec, including the Superior Court and the Quebec Court of Appeal, in cases involving administrative law and employment law.
Mr. Allard represents clients in preparing and negotiating the renewal of collective agreements, particularly related to business restructuring and recovery. He works principally with companies in the aerospace and manufacturing industries and has considerable experience with the Controlled Goods Regulations and the ITAR rules.
Year of call
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 1986
B.Sc., Université de Montréal, 1983
- Speaker at seminars on employment and labour law, occupational health and safety, psychological harassment and the liability of employers for accident prevention.
Rankings and recognitions
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2012-2015 – Workers Compensation Law
- Best Lawyers’ Lawyer of the Year, 2014 – Workers’ Compensation Law, Montreal
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2012-2014: recommended in Occupational Health & Safety
Memberships and activities
- Association of Industrial Relations Graduates of the Université de Montréal
- Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines et en relations industrielles agréés au Québec
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)
- Former director
- Graduates’ Society of Université de Montréal
- Council of associate governors of Université de Montréal
Join us as we review and discuss developments that occurred in employment and labour law in 2015, the issues they raise and their scope..
SeminarFebruary 18, 2016 | Montreal, QC, Canada
An employee filed a claim with the Superior Court for a substantial severance payment after he was dismissed without just cause..
July 22, 2014
Settling the terms on which departing employees leave an organization, whether as a result of termination with or without cause, resignation or retirement, is a....
October 28, 2013
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada is pleased to announce that 135 of its lawyers have been ranked in the 2016 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada.
August 24, 2015
Jean Allard talks to Argent about employees wasting time on the Internet at work and suggests creating internal policies in addition to having good judgment on In....
April 24, 2010