Eric Lefebvre’s litigation practice involves a broad range of civil and commercial litigation matters, including banking, corporate disputes, class actions, competition law, construction law, commercial contracts and civil liability. He has particular expertise in urgent remedies such as seizures and injunctions of various kinds.
He is fluently bilingual in English and French, and completely at ease conducting trial or appellate advocacy in either language.
Mr. Lefebvre represents clients before the Quebec and federal courts as well as before regulatory bodies such as the Competition Tribunal. He also acts in investigations by the Competition Bureau and in class actions in banking law and consumer law. In addition, he acts in commercial and international arbitration proceedings.
Year of call
LL.L., University of Ottawa, 1995
B.Adm., University of Ottawa, 1992
Canadian Securities Course, Canadian Securities Institute
Selected client work
Mr. Lefebvre has acted recently as litigation counsel to the following clients:
- A road signage and lighting company in an ongoing investigation by the Competition Bureau concerning allegations of a market-sharing and bid-rigging cartel
- Groupe Westco Inc. in defending the refusal to deal application filed in 2008 by Nadeau Poultry Farms Ltd. before the Competition Tribunal, the decision on which has been appealed before the Federal Court of Appeal
- Ventilex Inc. in defending bid-rigging accusations
- Kelly Sani-Vac Inc., in defending bid-rigging accusations
- A prominent participant in the shipping industry with regard to an ongoing investigation conducted by the Competition Bureau into allegations of an international price-fixing cartel
- Two automobile parts suppliers in an ongoing investigation by the Competition Bureau concerning allegations of an international price-fixing cartel
- Petro-Canada in defence of a motion for authorization to institute a class action arising from allegations of a price-fixing conspiracy related to the retail sale of certain petroleum products in the province of Quebec
- RONA Inc. in its application before the Competition Tribunal under Section 106 of the Competition Act to set aside a consent agreement between the commissioner of competition and RONA Inc. regarding the divestiture of a “big box” Réno-Dépôt store in Sherbrooke, Quebec
- Domtar Inc. in the investigation of allegations of a price-fixing conspiracy in the fine papers distribution business in Canada, and in defence of a motion for authorization to institute a class action in the province of Quebec based on similar allegations
- Cheminova S.A. on the Canadian aspects of the international price-fixing cartel investigation regarding potassium sorbates
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Join us for the first annual food law tele-summit..
September 26, 2013
On September 25, 2013, the Competition Bureau released its revised “Frequently Asked Questions” (FAQs) in relation to its Immunity and Leniency Programs..
October 08, 2013
Norton Rose Fulbright's food safety team understands that our clients in the food industry face unique challenges. Sellers, manufacturers and distributors will....
September 26, 2013