Eric Lefebvre’s litigation practice involves a broad range of civil and commercial litigation matters, including banking, corporate disputes, class actions, competition law, construction law, commercial contracts and civil liability. He has particular expertise in urgent remedies such as seizures and injunctions of various kinds.
He is fluently bilingual in English and French, and completely at ease conducting trial or appellate advocacy in either language.
Mr. Lefebvre represents clients before the Quebec and federal courts as well as before regulatory bodies such as the Competition Tribunal. He also acts in investigations by the Competition Bureau and in class actions in banking law and consumer law. In addition, he acts in commercial and international arbitration proceedings.
Mr. Lefebvre is Montréal chair of our Canadian litigation group.
Year of call
LL.L., University of Ottawa, 1995
B.Adm., University of Ottawa, 1992
Canadian Securities Course, Canadian Securities Institute
Selected client work
Mr. Lefebvre has acted recently as litigation counsel to the following clients:
- Eldorado Gold Mines Inc. and its directors in defending a claim of oppression brought under the Canada Business Corporations Act (CBCA)
- Directors of Wi2Wi Inc. in defending a claim of oppression brought under the CBCA
- RNC Media Inc. in an injunction remedy aimed at protecting its intellectual property rights
- A road signage and lighting company in an ongoing investigation by the Competition Bureau concerning allegations of a market-sharing and bid-rigging cartel
- Groupe Westco Inc. in defending the refusal to deal application filed in 2008 by Nadeau Poultry Farms Ltd. before the Competition Tribunal, the decision on which has been appealed before the Federal Court of Appeal
- Ventilex Inc. in defending bid-rigging accusations
- Kelly Sani-Vac Inc., in defending bid-rigging accusations
- A prominent participant in the shipping industry with regard to an ongoing investigation conducted by the Competition Bureau into allegations of an international price-fixing cartel
- Two automobile parts suppliers in an ongoing investigation by the Competition Bureau concerning allegations of an international price-fixing cartel
- Petro-Canada in defence of a motion for authorization to institute a class action arising from allegations of a price-fixing conspiracy related to the retail sale of certain petroleum products in Quebec
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Bar Association
November 10, 2015
This year, over 80 corporate counsel and business leaders from Canadian companies participated in the 2016 Litigation Trends Annual Survey, providing their experiences and perspectives on litigation matters..
October 20, 2016
In Watson v. Bank of America Corporation, the British Columbia Court of Appeal upheld the certification of a class action by retail merchants against Visa Canada....
October 20, 2015