R. Luc Beaulieu
Luc Beaulieu is a member of our employment and labour law group. He was national chair of this group and a member of our management committee from 2009-2012.
Mr. Beaulieu practises in employment and labour law, human rights and administrative law (all types of litigation, including judicial review, collective bargaining as a spokesperson and special advisor to executive and management committees). Advising companies on management styles that contribute to reducing or eliminating employees’ interest in unionizing, he has expertise in manufacturing, financial institutions, air transport and airports, aeronautics, broadcasting and cable television. He acted as general counsel to the Canada Labour Relations Board in the 1980s.
His services are often retained by the Quebec Business Council as a delegate to the consultative council on labour and manpower, and before parliamentary and government committees. He was appointed as amicus curiae by the Department of Justice Canada to defend the respondents’ position regarding the powers of inquiry of the Canada Labour Relations Board before the Supreme Court of Canada in the matter of Canadian Labour Relations Board v Nolisair International Inc.
Mr. Beaulieu is a frequent writer and speaker on topics of labour law and labour relations.
LL.L., Université de Montréal, 1981
Rankings and recognitions
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Employment and Labour, Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Chambers Canada, Quebec: Employment and Labour (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2006-2017: Labour and Employment Law
- The Legal 500 Canada, 2016: Employment & Labour (Quebec)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2011-2017: recommended in Employment Law – Management; Labour Relations – Employer
- Who’s Who Legal, Canada 2015: Labour & Employment
- The International Who’s Who of Management Labour & Employment Lawyers, 2011-2013
- PLC Which Lawyer? Cross-border Labour and Employee Benefits Handbook
- PLC Which Lawyer? Canada: “leading” in Labour and Employment Law
- Lexpert / American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada: most frequently recommended for Labour Law
- Martindale Hubbell Law Directory, cited for his “exemplary reputation and well-established practice”
Mr. Beaulieu has also been a guest speaker of the following organizations, inter alia:
- Canadian Bar Association
- Conseil du patronat du Québec
- Labour Commissioner General’s Office
- Labour Court
- Commission des relations du travail
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Labour Relations, Human Rights and Freedoms and Constitutional Law Section
- Canadian LabourWatch Association (2009- )