Grant Jameson focuses on corporate and commercial law, restructurings and financings in such fields as technology, life sciences, manufacturing, agribusiness and financial services.
He represents clients in project financings, public-private partnerships and contractual matters with federal, provincial and municipal governments. Mr. Jameson also represents national associations, not-for-profit corporations and charitable organizations in corporate governance matters.
Year of call
LL.B., University of Ottawa, 1974
B.A.(Hons.), Carleton University, 1971
Rankings and recognitions
- Best Lawyers – Lawyer of the Year 2015: Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2013 and 2015 – Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Technology Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2013 - 2014: recommended in Banking & Financial Institutions; Corporate Mid-Market
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2012 and 2014 – Corporate Law
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
- County of Carleton Law Association
- American Bar Association
- Past volunteer for the AIDS committee of Ottawa
- Instructor, Master of Laws program in E-Business Law, Osgoode Hall Law School (2002)
- Special lecturer, Ontario Bar Admission Course
- Special lecturer, University of Ottawa Law School
- Former associate editor-in-chief and member of the editorial board of the Canadian Customs and Excise Reports (now called National Trade and Tariff Service)
- Co-chair, Institute of Corporate Directors, Ottawa Chapter Executive
- Vice-chair, The Canadiana Fund
- President, The Audette Foundation
- Past president, The Canadian Club of Ottawa
- Past president, Canadian Red Cross, Ottawa Branch
- Former member, board of directors, Ottawa Arts Centre Foundation
- Former member, board of directors and Executive, Elmwood school
- Former vice-president, Ontario March of Dimes
- Former member of the boards of directors of a number of Ottawa-based community organizations
An overview of the principal corporate, tax and other legal considerations that would be of interest to foreign businesses..
December 01, 2014
On November 23, 2011, the Government of Canada introduced a bill known as the Financial System Review
November 28, 2011
Grant Jameson comments in a feature article on Canada’s food and agribusiness sector—its size, scope and opportunities for Canadian and global companies..
January 13, 2014
Grant Jameson comments on the increasing investment in agribusiness in Canada and globally in the National Post’s special report on mergers & acquisitions..
September 27, 2013