Oliver Moore is a commercial lawyer with experience advising companies regarding the leasing, acquisition, financing and development of real property assets. He has extensive experience negotiating, implementing and enforcing sophisticated leasing arrangements across a wide range of industry sectors. Oliver regularly advises on the real property aspects of M&A transactions, including risk management in connection with environmentally contaminated sites and has experience with national-level portfolio deals and dispositions of real property assets in the context of CCAA proceedings. Oliver assists clients with the environmental aspects of commercial real property transactions, including due diligence, risk management, retaining and directing environmental consultants, and crafting appropriate indemnities.
- B.C.L./LL.B., McGill University, 2009
- B.A.(Hons.), McGill University, 2005
Mr. Moore acted recently for:
- Brookfield Business Partners L.P. and its institutional partners, in the acquisition of Loblaw Companies Limited's gas station operations for a purchase price of approximately C$540 million. The acquired gas station network is one of the largest in Canada and includes 213 retail gas stations and associated convenience kiosks adjacent to Loblaw-owned grocery stores across the country. The gas stations will be rebranded as Mobil as part of an agreement with Imperial Oil, marking the introduction of the Mobil fuel brand into Canada
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, in connection with its investment of approximately US$500 million in Invenergy’s Wind projects
- The special committee of Enbridge Income Fund Holdings in its $1.76 billion investment in the Canadian segment of the Southern Lights Pipeline, which runs between Edmonton and Chicago
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as administrative agent and collateral agent, in the US$1.45 billion senior secured credit facility providing term and revolving facilities in favour of Cedar Fair L.P., Magnum Management Corporation and Canada's Wonderland Company
- Barrick Gold Corporation in its acquisition of Equinox Minerals Limited for $7.3 billion in cash; the deal was among the largest transactions in the Canadian mining sector in 2011 and adds Equinox's large-scale Lumwana copper mine in Zambia to Barrick's portfolio
- Dundee Securities Ltd. and the other members of a syndicate of underwriters in connection with a $25 million prospectus qualified bought deal of common shares and warrants in Talon Metals Corp; proceeds from the offering will be used to fund Talon’s iron ore exploration project in Brazil
- Nortel Networks Limited and Nortel Networks Technology Corporation in connection with the sale of the Nortel Carling Campus to Public Works and Government Services Canada for a cash purchase price of $208 million
- "Environmental Due Diligence: Key Principles," CBA Environmental, Energy and Resources Law Summit, Winnipeg, MB, May 31, 2018.
- "Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment," International Council of Shopping Centres, Canada Law Conference, Toronto, April 30, 2018.
- "Executions: Everything You Need to Know & Were Afraid to Ask," Carleton County Law Association 23rd Annual East Region Solicitors Conference, Montebello, QC, May 27, 2017.
- "Pro Share is a Money Issue," International Council of Shopping Centres, Canada Law Conference, Toronto, April 28, 2017.
- “Working with Letters of Intent – When are you bound?” International Council of Shopping Centres, Canada Law Conference, Toronto, April 22, 2016.
- “Primer on Commercial Leasing from a Tenant's Perspective,” Invest Ottawa, Ottawa, May 17, 2016.
- “Not-for-profit and Charitable Corporations,” Invest Ottawa, Ottawa, July 15, 2016.
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Secretary of the Environmental Law Section (2017-2018)
- Ottawa Community Loan Fund
- Friends of the Certosa di Capri (Canada)
- The Miracle Marnie Foundation (Member of the Board)
The Ontario Superior Court of Justice recently held that courts have the power to grant relief from forfeiture for a tenant’s failure to comply with a condition precedent in a lease so long as the tenant took reasonable and diligent steps..
August 17, 2017
In late 2016, Minister of Science Kirsty Duncan, along with three other ministers, announced that the Canadian government is moving to ban asbestos and asbestos-containing products by 2018..
May 19, 2017
Oliver Moore comments on the Ontario Superior Court of Justice decision Benedetto vs. 2453912 Ontario Inc..
July 27, 2018
Oliver Moore and Janet Bobechko interviewed on the issues related to Canada’s marijuana dispensaries..
February 06, 2017