Reno Lessard practises in the area of intellectual property with a focus on optics. His research on biosensing using whispering gallery modes in fluorescent microspheres has been presented at national and international conferences.
During his studies, Mr. Lessard gained valuable practical experience with several businesses in the Quebec City region, including TeraXion, Olympus NDT Canada, EXFO and the INO. Mr. Lessard also won numerous leadership awards for his extracurricular activities.
Mr. Lessard joined our Québec office in 2013.
M.Sc., Physics, Centre for Optics, Photonics and Lasers, Université Laval, 2013
B.Eng., Engineering Physics, Telecommunications, Université Laval, 2010
Rankings and recognitions
- Postgraduate scholarship, Fonds québécois de la recherche sur la nature et les technologies (2010-12)
- Bursary and leadership award, EXFO (2010)
- Undergraduate research bursary, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) (2009)
- Bursary and leadership award, Olympus NDT Canada (2008)
- “Patents 101 : scientific development workshop,” Photonics Toolkit 2.0, Université Laval, Québec, May 2014.
- “Flow cytometer system for single-shot biosensing based on whispering gallery modes of fluorescent microspheres,” technical conference, LASE, Photonics West, San Francisco, 2013.
- “Biosensing using whispering gallery modes in fluorescent microspheres,” technical conference, Photonics North, Montréal, 2012.
Memberships and activities
- International Society for Optics and Photonics
- Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (Quebec order of engineers)
- Licensing Executives Society (USA and Canada), Quebec City Chapter
- Quebec Photonic Network
- Quebec confederation for engineering student outreach (QCESO) (2009-10)