John A. Coleman
John Coleman practises employment and labour law. For the past 25 years, he has focused on matters pertaining to federally regulated industries such as banking, transportation and communications companies. He has appeared on numerous occasions before the Canada Industrial Relations Board, labour arbitrators and the courts as counsel for major private and public sector clients.
Mr. Coleman served as managing partner of Norton Rose Fulbright Canada from 2009 to 2014.
Year of call
LL.B./B.C.L., McGill University, 1980
B.A., Jurisprudence (Rhodes Scholar), University of Oxford, 1978
B.A.(Hons.), McGill University, 1975
Selected client work
Mr. Coleman has acted as counsel to the following clients:
- CN (lead labour counsel in connection with its privatization process)
- National Bank
- Bell Mobility
- Maritime Employers Association
- Canada Post
- Aeroplan (lead labour and employment advisor in the creation of its income trust)
Rankings and recognitions
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2006-2017: Labour and Employment Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2012-2016: recommended in Labour Relations – Management
- Who’s Who Legal, Canada 2014-2015: Labour & Employment
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2012-2014: recommended in Employment Law
- The International Who's Who of Management Labour and Employment Lawyers, 2011-2013
- Guide to the World’s Leading Labour & Employment Lawyers, 2011
- PLC Which Lawyer? Cross-border Labour and Employee Benefits Handbook
- Best Lawyers in Canada – Lawyer of the Year 2009: Labour and Employment Law, Montréal
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Secretary, Quebec Rhodes Scholarship Selection Committee
- Former lecturer, Labour Law, Faculty of Law, McGill University
Les bureaux de Calgary, Montréal, Ottawa, Québec, Toronto ont tous amassé des fonds qui contribueront à soutenir les personnes les plus vulnérables partout au pays..
Le 29 décembre 2014
Norton Rose Fulbright est heureux d’annoncer que Lukasz Granosik, associé du bureau de Montréal, a été nommé juge à la Cour supérieure du Québec..
Le 29 décembre 2014