Our Hong Kong corporate M&A and securities team is widely commended as one of the leading and best-resourced practices in the Asia Pacific region. Our dedicated team of lawyers understands the importance of supplementing legal know-how with strong commercial acumen, and has experience in the complete range of corporate practices.
“They are very knowledgeable, very efficient and very commercial, bringing a lot of experience to bear on issues relating to investing in China.” Chambers Asia Pacific 2015
With Hong Kong acting as a hub for our wider practice in the region, we work for the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions on both local and pan-Asian transactions, providing bespoke advice across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
We act on both local and cross-border mandates, working closely with our corporate lawyers across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
- The benefit of working with a leading global legal practice; we can draw on the experience of our lawyers across a range of practice areas, including banking and finance, antitrust and competition,dispute resolution and litigation, and intellectual property.
- On the ground experience in US corporate finance, provided by our team of US-qualified lawyers based in Hong Kong.
- Advice in English, Mandarin and Cantonese; our lawyers are trilingual and many are dual qualified to practice in Hong Kong, England and Australia.
Our areas of work include
- asset management
- capital markets
- corporate advisory
- financial services regulatory
- investment funds
- joint ventures
- mergers and acquisitions
- private equity
- regulatory investigations and enforcement
- US corporate finance.
Our recent work
- Advised China Overseas Land & Investment’s acquisition of a USD$5.5 billion property portfolio from China’s State Construction Engineering Corporation Limited.
- Advised Abacus Holdings, a consortium of 11 Asian airlines, on its disposal of a 65% stake in Abacus International Pte Ltd to its joint venture partner Sabre Corporation, valuing Abacus at US$740 million.
- Advised COFCO Land Holdings Limited on its HK$12.4 billion acquisition of Fortune Set Limited, Mega Health Limited and Kersen Properties Limited, which hold mixed-use complexes under the flagship brand of “Joy City” from COFCO Corporation.
- Advised Canadian juvenile products distributor Dorel Industries Inc. on its proposed US$120 million acquisition of the PRC juvenile business of the Lerado Group (Holding) Co., Ltd. Lerado is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised Hong Kong-listed Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group on its US$150m million acquisition of all the equity interests in Hearts on Fire Diamonds Company LLC.
Awards & recognition
- No. 1 of legal advisors for real estate M&A by value and deal count in the first half of 2016 - Thomson Reuters Asia-wide (ex-Japan) M&A League Table
- Top 3 for Hong Kong legal advisors by value and deal count - Mergermarket Trend Report H1 2016
- Top 3 of legal advisors in the first half of 2016 - Thomson Reuters Hong Kong M&A League Table