Gennaro Mazzuoccolo is a banking lawyer based in Milan. His focus is project finance (energy and infrastructure) and shipping finance.
In the project finance sector, Gennaro has vast experience of advising on renewable energy (solar and wind) projects and has also advised on export financings supported by SACE and other export credit agencies.
In the shipping sector, Gennaro has advised many domestic and international banks and financial institutions on shipping and shipping finance matters (including fleet financings, registration of vessels under Italian flag and acquisition of shipping companies).
Gennaro graduated with honours from the Università di Napoli in 1999 and qualified as an Italian avvocato in 2002. Prior to joining our practice in 2008, he worked in Milan and London for major international legal practices and he also worked as an in-house lawyer for the Italian bank, Banca d’Intermediazione Mobiliare IMI S.p.A.
He is a native Italian speaker and he is fluent in English.
Selected client work
- advised the project company Bre.Be.Mi S.p.A. (BreBeMi) on the financing for a major 62 kilometres toll highway project in Northern Italy. The highway will connect the cities of Brescia, Bergamo and Milan.
- advised Sumitomo Corporation on the acquisition of 85 percent stakes in two Italian solar power subsidiaries of German-based S.A.G. Solarstrom.
- advised the Aspria Group, one of Europe's finest spa and family sporting club operators, on the financing aspects of the acquisition of Harbour Club Sporting and Spa in Milan, the top-rated club in Italy.
- advised Interbanca, Centrobanca, MPSC Capital Services and Banca Etruria in connection with a €50 million project financing for the development, construction and management of a 12MW biomass plant near Rome, fuelled by pomace - the residue which remains after grapes have been pressed in the process of making wine or grappa - generated by the distillery of Distillerie Bonollo S.p.A, one of the largest grappa producers in Italy.
- advised lead arranger Unicredit Corporate Banking and a syndicate of banks on a €135 million loan to Autostrade Centro Padane for the development of several strategic highway projects in northern Italy. The syndicate of banks included Unicredit Infrastructure, Cassa Depositi e Prestiti SpA and Cassa di Risparmio di Parma e Piacenza S.p.A.
Rankings and recognitions
Memberships and activities
Gennaro is co-author of numerous publications on banking and finance law, including the Italian chapter in the World Bank Doing Business Survey 2009. He is also a regular speaker at conventions and seminars on project finance and energy law and shipping finance.
Gennaro Mazzuoccolo gave a presentation on the topic of the project bonds at a conference held at Florence University focussed on infrastructure development and env.
May 23, 2013
Quali potenzialità dell’industria e del mercato del FV in Italia dopo il IV Conto Energia? Investitori e operatori finanziari a confronto.
June 22, 2011
Il presente documento illustra in modo sintetico le novità introdotte nel nostro ordinamento dalla recente normativa per favorire la realizzazione di infrastrutture .
April 05, 2013
L’articolo 33-quater del Decreto Legge 18 ottobre 2012, n. 179, inserito dalla legge di conversione 17 dicembre 2012, n. 221 (c.d. Decreto Crescita-bis), allo sco.
March 27, 2013
International legal practice Norton Rose has advised UniCredit and Banca IMI on a €90 million financing to Pastificio Rana S.p.A..
May 15, 2013
Congratulations to our Italian practice for being nominated as finalist in three categories in this year's Premio Internazionale Le Fonti - Le Eccellenza in Italia:.
May 10, 2013