Executing sales of privately owned businesses, particularly those with an international footprint, can be complex. It is therefore of critical importance that buyers and sellers, and their financial advisers, have a good understanding of the key issues and considerations that can arise in private M&A transactions and how these may need to be reflected in transaction documentation.
The SPA Academy follows an international private M&A transaction through its key phases. Members of the Norton Rose Fulbright Corporate team, together with speakers from Deloitte and Aon, will be looking at areas such as:
- the tactics and process (both buy-side and sell-side) for conducting a successful transaction and how these dynamics can differ for auction sales compared to bilateral transactions;
- conducting effective due diligence, with particular reference to anti-bribery and corruption issues;
- recent trends in relation to warranty and indemnity insurance;
- key financial provisions in the sale agreement including a comparison of completion accounts and locked box structures as well as the use of retention accounts/escrow mechanisms and deferred consideration/earn outs;
- other key terms of the transaction that need to be negotiated including conditions, material adverse change provisions and warranties; and
- additional issues and dynamics to be considered where the transaction involves a listed buyer.
Through the use of case studies and a workshop format, delegates will be able to apply the principles they have learned in a practical, deal-specific context.
This workshop is designed for junior to mid-level members of in-house legal teams and advisory teams and others who advise on, or who have day to day responsibility for, M&A transactions in their organisation.
We take pride in the training that we provide to clients, and we are delighted that attendees have found previous workshops in our SPA Academy series so useful:
“Extremely helpful, and pitched at exactly the right level”
“Combination of legal and accounting/insurance matters – very useful combination to deal with in one session”
“An excellent seminar. The quality of the speakers and materials was fantastic”
| 08:00 - 08:30||Registration |
| 08:30 - 12:30|| Seminar|
| 12:30|| Lunch and networking|
There is no charge to attend, however places at this event are limited.
To secure a place for yourself or a colleague, please complete the registration form.
If you have any queries or would like further information please contact Rebecca Haynes.
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
3 More London Riverside