Our 2016/17 client webinar series looks at the case law behind some of the key clauses in finance documents. The series also looks at the law behind some of the familiar words or phrases used in finance documents.
For further information on these webinars please contact Thomas Jeffreys.
|September 29, 2016
Syndicated loan facilities – part 1
The case law behind key clauses including:
- role of the Agent
- role of the Arranger
- role of the Security Trustee
Speakers: Emma Giddings and Charlotte Winter
|November 24, 2016
Syndicated loan facilities – part 2
The case law behind key clauses, words and phrases including:
- best and reasonable endeavours
- consent not to be unreasonably withheld
- duty to mitigate
- gross negligence
- material adverse change
- wilful misconduct
Speakers: Charlotte Winter and Kenneth Gray
|January 26, 2017
Assignments and charges
The case law behind assignments and charges:
- legal or equitable assignment?
- fixed or floating charge?
- assignment or charge: when might it matter?
Speaker: Rebecca Oliver
|March 30, 2017
The case law behind key clauses and definitions including:
- Secured Obligations and related definitions
- waiver of defences clause
- deferral of rights clause
- continuing guarantee clause
Speakers: Claire Berwick and Claire Edwards