The Insurance team at Norton Rose Fulbright is delighted to be holding its annual Thought Leadership Forum on 2 February 2017 at the Sydney Park Hyatt. It will be a panel discussion titled ‘Future Ready – Sustainable cities.”
It is estimated that 70% of the world’s population will live in urban areas by 2050. Our distinguished panel will examine the unprecedented opportunities and challenges that arise from rapid urbanisation, as insured organisations work towards becoming sustainable and future-proof.
The panel will examine specifically what “sustainable cities” will mean for the insurance industry in the following areas:
- D&O – greater management culpability around corporate governance, ethical business practices and sustainability - the new frontier of D&O underwriting and claims;
- Financial systems – fintech, smart contracts, crypto currencies - increased user connectivity and beyond - the FI landscape and the risks and claims of tomorrow; and
- Energy / Infrastructure – climate change, efficiency, renewables and increased demand - the adaptation of transport, commercial/residential projects and integrated structures - the future for traditional insurance product lines.
Our distinguished panel of industry leaders are:
- André Louw, Chairman, Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Chris Mackinnon, Lloyd's Australia Country Manager
- Vanessa Maher, Liberty International Underwriters, Senior Vice President - Claims & Technology
- Amanda Harkness, Group General Counsel & Company Secretary and Group Executive Corporate Affairs, the ASX Group
- Nick Abrahams, APAC Technology Practice Leader, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Simon Currie, Global Head of Energy, Norton Rose Fulbright