Keep up to speed with the big issues likely to affect in-house legal teams and join us for a morning seminar which will address some of the most significant developments we think you will face in 2017/2018.
This seminar is the latest in our series and has been designed to provide updates across all areas of your practice, including financial services, technology, tax, disputes, corporate, pensions, data protection and anti-trust and competition.
The half-day seminar will commence at 08:30am and finish by 1.00pm. Delegates will be invited to join members of the Norton Rose Fulbright LLP team for lunch.
It is anticipated that the programme will include the following updates from our experts (although the order of the sessions may change):
- What to expect in the countdown to MiFID II
- Should you be worrying about other new regulations that take effect in January 2018?:
||Impact of recent corporate tax changes, including the recent corporate criminal offence and the interest relief restrictions
- Round up of recent corporate governance developments
- Round up of recent company law developments
Anti-trust and competition
- Cartels and investigations – recent case law developments
- Litigation – update on UK class actions regime
- Mergers – current trends and practical implications for getting deals done
Impact of the General Data Protection Regulation on:
- Data protection officers
- Data subject rights
- Transparency and data subject consent
- Data processors and exporting personal data
A round up of recent decisions, including in relation to:
- Directors’ duties
- Contractual interpretation
- Exercise of discretion
- the legal landscape
- the ethical landscape
A look at the implications for defined benefit schemes of recent court decisions, including:
- IBM UK Holdings Ltd and IBM UK Ltd v Dalgleish and others
- British Airways PLC v Airways Pension Scheme Trustee Limited
- Bradbury v BBC
- Walker v Innospec
In-house legal and compliance teams across all industry sectors. This seminar is part of a series available to clients of Norton Rose Fulbright throughout the year. Further information is available on request.
To register for the workshop, please e-mail CorporateTraining@nortonrosefulbright.com stating the title and the date. Places are limited so please be aware that you are not guaranteed a place until you have received confirmation.
If you have any queries please contact Gill Prizeman on +44 (0)20 7444 3432 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPD points will be available if required. There is no charge for attending.