The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and Terrawatt Initiative (TWI) are pleased to invite you to an IRENA-TWI joint event on the Global Solar Energy Standardisation Initiative.
The event will be moderated by Youba Sokona, Special Advisor for Sustainable Development, South Centre and panellists include
- Simon Currie, Global head of energy, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Agnieszka Klich, Partner, Covington
- Priyantha Wijayatunga, Director, South Asia Energy Division, Asian Development Bank
- Ghislaine Schreinemachers, Director of Project Finance, Rabobank
- Stefan Degener, Regional Head of Europe and Africa, First Solar
- Wim Alen, Senior VP Business Development at Engie Middle East, General Secretary of the Middle East Solar Industry Association (MESIA)
In June 2016, IRENA together with TWI launched the 'Global Solar Energy Standardisation Initiative' which aims at standardising contracts to streamline and scale up the global development and financing of solar projects, to contribute to meeting the objectives of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement.
This event aims to introduce the Initiative’s work to a wide range of renewable energy stakeholders with a focus on the following three topics:
- Potential benefit of standardised contracts for solar PV investments
- Innovation in the approach - how standardised contracts can achieve the benefits
- Ways to ensure high rate of utilisation and uptake of the standardised contract package
Please RSVP to email@example.com. You will need COP23 accreditation to attend this event in the IRENA Pavillion in the Bonn Zone.
More TWI events at COP23.