Our firm was recognized in 52 areas and received Band 1 rankings in 11 categories.
Norton Rose Fulbright ranks Band 1 in the following
- Employment and labour (Alberta)
- Litigation: general commercial (Alberta)
- Corporate/commercial: highly regarded (BC)
- Employment and labour (Nationwide)
- Intellectual property (Nationwide)
- Transport: shipping (Nationwide)
- Employment and labour (Ontario)
- Employment and labour (Quebec)
- Corporate/commercial: the elite (Quebec)
- Energy: provincial regulatory and litigation (Quebec)
- Litigation: general commercial (Quebec)
Norton Rose Fulbright is newly recognized in the following six categories
- Startups and emerging companies (Band 2)
- White-collar crime and government investigations (Band 3)
- Aboriginal law (Band 4)
- Cannabis law (Other noted firms)
- International trade/WTO (Other noted firms)
- Real estate (Ontario) (Other noted firms)
The following seven individuals were ranked as an Eminent Practitioners (a highly influential lawyer who is less active in fee-earning work but remains a key player on the team) or as a Senior Statesperson (a lawyer who is pivotal to the firm’s success by virtue of their close relationships with major clients).
- Bill Armstrong, QC (Senior Statesperson: employment and labour)
- Andrew Fleming (Senior Statesperson: corporate/commercial)
- Patrick E. Kierans (Senior Statesperson: intellectual property: litigation)
- Wilfrid Lefebvre, QC (Senior Statesperson: tax: litigation)
- Jean Piette, Ad. E. (Senior Statesperson: environment)
- Martin Rochette (Senior Statesperson: pensions and benefits)
- Norman M. Steinberg, Ad. E. (Eminent Practitioner: corporate/commercial)
The following individuals were ranked Band 1
- R. Luc Beaulieu (Employment and labour: Nationwide)
- R. Luc Beaulieu (Employment and labour: Quebec)
- Pierre Bienvenu, Ad. E. (Dispute resolution: Nationwide)
- Pierre Bienvenu, Ad. E. (Dispute resolution: most in demand arbitrators: Nationwide)
- Pierre Bienvenu, Ad. E. (Litigation: general commercial: Quebec)
- John Bromley (Transportation: shipping: Nationwide)
- Shelley Chapelski (Transportation: shipping: Nationwide)
- Richard J. Charney (Employment and labour: Nationwide)
- Richard J. Charney (Employment and labour: Ontario)
- Don Davies, QC (Energy: oil and gas regulatory: Nationwide)
- Don Davies, QC (Energy: provincial regulatory and litigation: Alberta)
- Éric Dunberry (Energy: provincial regulatory and litigation: Quebec)
- Linda Fuerst (Litigation: securities: Ontario)
- Howard A. Gorman, QC (Restructuring and insolvency: Nationwide)
- Clarke Hunter, QC (Litigation: general commercial: Alberta)
- Olivier F. Kott, Ad. E. (Construction: Nationwide)
- André Legrand (Insurance: dispute resolution: Nationwide)
- Margaret Mason, QC (Charities: Nationwide)
- Steve Raby, QC (Real estate: Alberta)
- Martin J. Valasek (Dispute resolution: arbitration: Nationwide)
- Richard A. Wagner (Public procurement: Nationwide)
Published annually since 1999, Chambers and Partners global directory covers the legal markets of 185 jurisdictions by researching firms and conducting interviews with thousands of clients and legal professionals to identify leading lawyers and law firms.
Please refer to Chambers’ online directory for more information on the 2019 rankings.
For further information, please contact:
Senior Communications Manager
Tel: +1 403.267.8268
Notes for editors:
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm providing the world’s preeminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. The firm has more than 4,000 lawyers and other legal staff based in Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
Recognized for its industry focus, Norton Rose Fulbright is strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare. Through its global risk advisory group, the firm leverages its industry experience with its knowledge of legal, regulatory, compliance and governance issues to provide clients with practical solutions to the legal and regulatory risks facing their businesses.
Norton Rose Fulbright operates in accordance with its global business principles of quality, unity and integrity, aiming to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of its offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss verein, helps coordinate the activities of Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients. Norton Rose Fulbright has offices in more than 50 cities worldwide, including London, Houston, New York, Toronto, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Sydney and Johannesburg. For more information, see nortonrosefulbright.com/legal-notices.
Law around the world