Norton Rose Australia has today announced the appointment of four new lateral partners strengthening its corporate practice and adding depth to its banking, funds and financial services offering.
John Moutsopoulos, Zein El Hassan and Paul Humphreys will join Norton Rose Australia from Clayton Utz. Tessa Hoser joins the banking and finance practice at Norton Rose Australia in Sydney from her role as General Counsel at Export Finance and Insurance Corporation, a Commonwealth statutory authority, having previously been a banking partner at Freehills in Sydney.
The appointments bring to 16 the number of lateral partners who have joined Norton Rose Australia since it integrated with Norton Rose Group.
Don Boyd, Managing Partner and Group Deputy Chief Executive said: “The appointments are an important strategic fit for us as we focus on accelerating the development of our key financial institutions business in Asia Pacific growth markets and across the globe. We work with some of the world’s leading financial institutions and it is our responsibility to ensure we continue to support clients with the best legal practitioners in the country.”
John is a senior partner at Clayton Utz and heads the financial services group and co-heads the investment funds group. John specialises in funds management, financial services law, capital raisings and structuring and advising on financial products and services.
Zein is also with Clayton Utz where he is an investment funds and financial services partner. Zein advises on all aspects of managed funds, superannuation, life insurance, structured and retirement products, corporate and investment governance, product and entity rationalisation as well as mergers, acquisitions and divestments within the financial services industry.
Paul is a senior tax and structuring partner at Clayton Utz. Prior to that, Paul was the Global Tax Manager at AMP Group. He has specialised in the financial services industry for over 20 years and has experience in mergers and acquisitions, structuring and managing major projects, and advising on tax efficient income flows and funding structures.
Tessa has tremendous cross-border expertise, having worked for a range of clients on Australian, European, US and Asian transactions. According to Boyd, she will add depth and quality to Norton Rose’s banking and finance offering and her experience in structured, corporate and trade finance and derivatives will benefit clients in the energy, transport and finance sectors.
Recent lateral appointments to Norton Rose Australia include:
- Vincent Dwyer, former partner at Gilbert and Tobin, joined the Corporate team as head of Energy in Sydney
- Ernest van Buuren, former partner at Blake Dawson joined the Transport team in Brisbane
- Petar Kuessner, ex-Mallesons Stephen Jaques, joined the Banking & Finance team in Sydney
- Derek La Ferla, rejoined the Corporate team in Perth
- Peter Borg, former partner at Pinsent Masons (Hong Kong), joined the Construction & Engineering team in Brisbane
- Robert Milbourne, ex General Counsel and Company Secretary of Vale Australia Pty Ltd, joined the Energy & Resources team in Brisbane
- OHS partner Barry Sherriff from Freehills, joined the OHS team in Melbourne
- Gerard Breen, ex-Dibbs Barker partner joined the Restructuring & Insolvency team in Sydney
- Herman Yip, former partner at Jones Day (Singapore), joined the Banking and Finance team in Perth
- Jackie O’Brien, former partner at Allens Arthur Robinson, joined the IP practice in Sydney
- Anthony Latimer, ex Corrs, joined the Corporate team in Sydney
- Jeremy Wickens, formerly with Freehills, joined the corporate practice in Perth.
For more information, please contact:
Senior Communications Advisor
Tel + 61 2 9330 8926
Mob +61 (0) 418 982 442
Head of Corporate Communications
Tel + 61 2 9330 8138
Mob +61 (0)423 116 696