Our global employment and labor lawyers are skilled at advising on employee benefits and executive compensation issues including all types of short-term and long-term incentive schemes and arrangements for companies around the world.
“Well-regarded practice with global reach.” Chambers Global, 2017
Our team provides domestic and cross-border legal advice on employee benefit and compensation matters, ensuring that clients’ employee remuneration and incentive arrangements are tax-efficient, meet all regulatory requirements, adhere to international principles of corporate governance and are consistent with best practice.
We build long-term relationships with our clients, working closely with them from initial start-up through to management buy-outs, sales, mergers, acquisitions and exits. This means we can assist our clients design and implement tax-efficient structures for both private and listed companies at every stage of their lifecycle.
Clients benefit from our clear legal guidance on the corporate and shareholder aspects of employee bonus and share incentive schemes, with a particular focus on institutional investors. We also assist clients to successfully navigate the evolving, and increasingly complex, global and cross-border regulatory, compliance and legal issues associated with employing individuals through global employment companies.
Our areas of work include
- Benefit plans
- Corporate transactions
- Employee share schemes and bonus arrangements
- Executive compensation
- Tax issues
Awards and accolades
- Best Law Firms, Tier 1 national rankings for US Employment law – management and employee benefits (ERISA) law, US News & World Report and Best Lawyers, 2017
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Employment & Labour (Band 1), Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Chambers Canada Awards, Employment Team of the Year, Chambers & Partners, 2016
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Employment, Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Chambers Global, South Africa: Employment, Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Legal 500 Canada, Labor and employment (Tier 1), The Legal 500, 2016
- Legal 500 Latin America, Venezuela: Labour and employment (Tier 1), The Legal 500, 2016