Our nuclear services group is recognised as a leading nuclear practice. The group is working on nuclear projects in the UK, mainland Europe, Russia, the Middle East and Asia.
Norton Rose Fulbright is an active and well established member of the nuclear industry and has extensive experience not only in nuclear projects undertaken and funded by governments, financial institutions and the private sector across the globe, but also in the development of regulatory and legal regimes for the nuclear sector.
We are involved in all aspects of the nuclear cycle including feasibility studies for the development of new nuclear stations, new build (construction and financing), operational issues, uranium mining, fuel fabrication, transportation and supply (including MOX fuel), waste management and disposal and decommissioning. Further we have participated in a number of debates and discussions hosted by governments and other agencies on the future of the industry, non proliferation and energy reviews.
Our unrivalled experience in the industry allows us to take our wealth of knowledge to develop innovative solutions to new issues that arise in the nuclear market. It enables us to have a well rounded view of all stakeholders’ perspectives and to anticipate the position that our clients may face from others. We use our knowledge to assist clients in countries who are new to the nuclear market and to develop their nuclear industries to suit their needs, while ensuring compliance with the high standards and procedure expected in this highly regulated sector.
- unparalleled international experience gained over 30 years
- practical knowledge of nuclear sites and regulators
- an unrivalled experience of acting for government bodies and the private sector
- hands on experience of exeltium, debt, equity, ECA and government financing
- an in-depth knowledge international regulatory regimes, laws, international treaties and the insurance regime and pools
- a global cross-functional team consisting of energy, financing, construction, regulation, transportation, environmental, corporate, employment, planning and dispute resolution.
Our areas of work include
- feasibility studies
- co-operation agreements/ framework agreements
- front end engineering and design
- new build (construction and financing) commercial plant and research reactors
- the fuel cycle (uranium mining, enrichment, fabrication (including MOX), transportation, reprocessing and waste)
- technology transfers
- environmental and permitting
- competition, procurement and state aid
- corporate, mergers and acquisitions
- joint ventures
- repositories and waste disposal.