Edward is a corporate and commercial lawyer qualified in South Africa and based in Sydney.
Edward is passionate about technology and is part of Norton Rose Fulbright’s communications, media and technology group. He previously worked in our Johannesburg office in South Africa as an associate in the technology team.
Edward has experience in advising clients, including listed companies, on a wide range of technology-related matters. In addition to providing general commercial advice, he has worked on large-scale procurement and outsourcing transactions. Edward has also advised Australian listed companies on compliance with privacy law.
Edward holds a Bachelor of Business Science degree and a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Cape Town. He has completed a certificate course in Advanced Company Law at the University of the Witwatersrand. Edward is part of Norton Rose Fulbright’s “Lawyers Who Code” initiative, which aims to equip lawyers with the skills to design expert systems which have the ability to produce legal opinions.
- Advised a major Australian insurance company on the outsourcing of a material function.
- Advised a tower company on a range of matters relating to the establishment and operation of its business.
- Advised a listed company on its privacy training module.
- Advised a foreign mobile network operator on licensing requirements and reviewed agreements relating to the establishment of a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO).
- Drafted licensing agreements relating to a location-based social media network monitoring tool.
- Advised a mobile operator on the acquisition of its subscriber base from a service provider.
- Defended a complaint brought by the telecommunications regulator against a fixed-wireless operator for the alleged unauthorised use of radio frequency spectrum.
Norton Rose Fulbright privacy experts have compiled affordable packages to support organisations to: ensure privacy compliance, scan their supply chain for potential liabilities and prepare for a breach..
December 08, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright today announced the launch of “Parker”, the first Australian law firm chatbot to respond on privacy law, powered by artificial intelligence..
December 13, 2017