Jared is an energy projects lawyer based in London. He has broad experience of project development and operational matters in the energy and resources sectors, with a particular focus on power generation and mining, advising sponsors, lenders and contractors in numerous jurisdictions.
- Advising EDF in relation to its bid to develop and finance a 2,400MW and 130MIGD power and seawater desalination facility in the State of Qatar.
- Advising ACWA Power in relation to the development of a 160MW concentrated solar facility in the Kingdom of Morocco.
- Advising JBIC, KoFC and the commercial lenders supporting EDF and Mitsubishi’s bid for a 1,600MW and 51.5MIGD power and seawater desalination facility in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Advising the commercial lenders to Marubeni, JGC and Aljomaih Holding’s successful bid to develop and finance three gas-fired cogeneration power plants in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Advising a confidential sponsor in relation to the conversion from simple-cycle to combined-cycle of two gas-fired power plants in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE.
- Advising a confidential sponsor in relation to the development and financing of a 1000 MW gas-fired power plant in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
- Advising BHP Billiton in relation to the development of a 100MW coal and biomass-fired cogeneration power plant at the Worsley alumina refinery in Western Australia.
- Advising Contact Energy on the development of a 600MW onshore wind farm and associated 220kV electricity transmission cable in New Zealand.
- Advising Contact Energy in relation to the relocation of existing geothermal pipelines and construction of new geothermal pipelines required as part of a highway redevelopment project.
- Advising Contact Energy in relation to the redevelopment of a 220kV substation owned and operated by New Zealand’s national electricity network operator.
- Advising BHP Billiton in relation to joint venture arrangements and gas, coal, limestone and electricity supply arrangements for a bauxite mine and alumina refinery in Western Australia.
- Advising a confidential Australian company on its potential acquisition of a zinc, lead and silver mine in Yemen.
- Advising BHP Billiton's iron ore and aluminium divisions in relation to the drafting and negotiation of their standard supply contracts for mining operations in Western Australia.
- Advising Karara Mining in relation to the development of a series of model supply contracts for operations at its iron ore project in Western Australia.
- Advising a Nigerian conglomerate in relation to the development of a multipurpose cargo terminal at Apapa Port in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Advising Umm Al Qura for Development and Construction Company in relation to the US $2 billion King Abdul Aziz Road project at Mecca in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and its interface with Mecca Metro.
- Barrister and Solicitor, qualified in Australia
- Barrister and Solicitor, qualified in New Zealand
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales