Duncan Field is a planning lawyer based in London and leads our UK planning team. He advises clients on the consenting process for major developments in the UK, including transport and energy infrastructure, urban regeneration schemes, housing projects, retail, offices and industrial developments.
- MA (Cantab), Trinity Hall Cambridge University 1989-1992
- Bar Vocational Course (1992-1993)
- The Crown Estate – advising The Crown Estate over the past 15 years on its £1 billion Regent Street Vision investment programme and its £500 million investment plan for St James's in Central London, involving the development of landmark buildings for retail, office, hotel and residential uses.
- London City Airport – advising the airport on its development over the past 15 years including its c. £350 million City Airport Development Programme, helping to secure planning permission/ compulsory purchase orders (winning Property Team of the Year at The British Legal Awards 2016).
- OHL Desarrollos and Hinduja Group - advising on the redevelopment of the Grade II* listed Old War Office in Whitehall as a 125 bedroom luxury hotel and 88 residential apartments, together with other facilities.
- London Luton Airport – advice on the expansion of its facilities to accommodate 18 million passengers per annum.
- PD Ports – helping to secure planning permission and other statutory orders for a 1.5 million TEUs deep sea container terminal at Teesport and other port-centric logistics proposals.
- London Gateway Port - advising on the London Gateway Port and Logistics Park including the implementation of road widening works along the A13.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Localism and Planning, Bloomsbury Professional (2012)
- Permission in Principle under the Housing and Planning Act 2016: Considering an Australian approach, Journal of Planning & Environmental Law 2017
Memberships and activities
- City of London Law Society, Planning & Environment Committee
- Joint Planning Law Conference Committee
- Westminster Property Association
- National Infrastructure Planning Association
- Compulsory Purchase Association
- Town and Country Planning Association
They can be the bane of the development community’s existence; the euphoria of securing a planning permission soon dampened by the realisation that work cannot begin until a raft of pre-commencement planning conditions have been discharged. Sometimes this involves revisiting details that were submitted with the planning application..
September 28, 2018
On 14 September, the Government published a consultation entitled ‘Planning for the right homes in the right places’. .
October 02, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised Bank ABC and a syndicate of banks on a £250 million senior Islamic facility for the development of a London property known as Regent’s Crescent, in the largest Shariah-compliant financing in the UK for several years..
November 22, 2018
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has been awarded “Law Firm of the Year” at the prestigious Planning and Placemaking Awards 2017, held last night June 22 by leading industry publication, Planning Magazine. .
July 01, 2017