Anna is a privacy and technology lawyer based in Hong Kong
Anna's practice focuses primarily on technology and communications related issues. She advises clients on licensing and technology agreements, outsourcing, privacy and data protection, and telecommunications and Internet regulatory issues. She has assisted clients with Hong Kong and China based projects and well as having a wealth of experience in multi-jurisdictional projects, particularly in implementing e-commerce and data management projects in Asia.
Anna is co-author to Internet Law in Hong Kong published by Sweet & Maxwell and is recognised in the Legal 500 and Chambers Asia as a leading individual for her expertise in the area of technology and data protection, in particular for her "extensive IT transactional work" and experience across a number of industries, notably with retail and luxury brands.
Anna is the Chair of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) KnowledgeNet Chapter in Hong Kong and sits on the Hong Kong Government Working Group on the Provision and Use of Cloud Services. She is admitted as a solicitor in Queensland, Australia and Hong Kong.
- Advising on information provider on privacy and other regulatory issues in relation to an online information services.
- Advising an international fashion on global regulatory review in conjunction with its e-commerce set up.
- Assisting an international consultancy on the implementation of a global connected sea vessels program.
- Advising a luxury fashion brand on the data privacy implications of the implementation of a regional CRM system.
- Advising an international hotel group on breach response and regulatory issues following a cyber-attack on its credit card servers affecting its hotels in Asia, Europe and the US.
- Assisting clients across a number of industries, including insurance, retail and fashion, hotel and education, with the preparation and implementation of organisational breach response policies and frameworks.
- Advising one of the world's leading e-commerce platform providers on its joint venture to launch an online auction marketplace in China.
- Advising a Hong Kong listed company on investment by an international gaming technology company and the associated licensing of cutting edge gaming technology.
- Advising an aircraft manufacturer on the introduction of its marine satellite systems business in Hong Kong, particularly in respect of telecommunications regulatory issues.
- Advising a US software company on the build and operation of a development centre in China to accommodate the outsourcing of development, testing and support services for its products and services.
- Advising a major entertainment company on the application of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance to technologies such as fingerprint scanners.
- Assisting a fitness centre operator throughout its investigation by the Privacy Commissioner of Hong Kong into its practices of using and handling Hong Kong ID cards and other personal data.
- Assisting a US fashion retailer in the set up and rollout of its Asian e-commerce platform including the review of terms and conditions, privacy and marketing policies and providing on going assistance with respect to use of data for targeted promotions.
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
China’s new Cybersecurity Law will come into effect on 1 June 2017. Draft regulations continue to be issued and the scope and implementation requirements for the law continue to evolve..
May 25, 2017
Agile is a software development methodology characterised by iterative, incremental and collaborative development..
June 28, 2016
Artificial Intelligence has huge potential to bring accuracy, efficiencies, cost savings and speed to a whole range of formerly human activities and to provide entirely new insights into market and customer behaviour..
August 04, 2017
On July 10, 2017 the Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC) issued a draft Regulation on the Protection of Critical Information Infrastructure (CII Regulation) for public comment..
July 18, 2017