Ian Trimble practises in all areas of regulatory law with an emphasis on companies regulated by Health Canada, including drug manufacturers and wholesalers, cannabis companies, and companies involved in the marketing and sale of natural health products, food and beverage, cosmetics, and medical devices. He advises clients on market access and compliance strategies and helps clients to deal with regulatory and pre-clearance agencies. Dr. Trimble also advises on the regulation of healthcare professionals and interactions between companies and those professionals.
Dr. Trimble also assists with intellectual property litigation and commercial transactions, particularly where they intersect with regulatory considerations.
Prior to law school, Dr. Trimble gained valuable experience working as a pharmacist in Ontario and British Columbia in both hospital and retail settings. He is currently a licensed pharmacist in Ontario.
Dr. Trimble joined our Toronto office after completing a clerkship at the Federal Court with the Honourable Mr. Justice Hughes. During his time at the firm, he was seconded to a pharmaceutical company acting as their Canadian counsel.
J.D., University of Victoria, 2015
PharmD, University of Colorado Denver, 2012
BScPhm, University of Toronto, 2005
- "Eye on Enforcement: Canada's Green Rush - Getting Ready for the Legalization of Adult-Use Cannabis" (co-author), FDLI Update, August-September 2018.
- "Pricing & Reimbursement - Canada Chapter 2018" (co-author), Global Legal Insights.
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Pharmaceutical Advertising - Canada Chapter 2018" (co-author).
- "Pharmaceutical Antitrust - Canada Chapter 2018" (co-author), Getting the Deal Through.
- "Top 10 Updates on Canadian Market Access, Exclusivity, and Pricing Issues" (co-author), FDLI Update, March-April 2018.
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Pharmaceutical Advertising - Canada Chapter 2017" (co-author).
"The Regulation of Cannabis in Canada," Forum de l'industrie de la santé de Québec, December 2018.
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Registered Pharmacist, Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group
We have contributed to Getting the Deal Through: Pharmaceutical Antitrust..
May 31, 2018
As we reported here, Canada has introduced legislation providing a framework for regulated access to legal cannabis for recreational use..
December 05, 2017