Chandler joined Norton Rose Fulbright in 2016. As an associate in the firm's Dallas office, she focuses her practice on intellectual property, including trademark, copyright, and right of publicity matters.
Chandler's practice includes counseling clients on selecting and clearing trademarks, protecting trademarks through prosecution of applications for trademark registrations in the U.S. and internationally, developing trademark enforcement and policing strategies, and managing trademark portfolios. Her trademark practice includes assisting with disputes both at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and in federal court. She enjoys helping clients with online enforcement issues, including domain name and social media disputes. In addition to trademark matters, Chandler's practice includes counseling clients on protecting and enforcing their rights of publicity. She also assists clients with copyright disputes and counseling. Chandler has experience in intellectual property transactions, including licenses, assignments, coexistence agreements, and consent agreements.
JD, with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2016
BA, summa cum laude, Psychology, Texas A&M University, 2013
- Trademark prosecution, enforcement and counseling for publicly traded apparel company with international portfolio of luxury brands.
- Comprehensive trademark clearance and opinions for trademarks of major consumer goods retailer prior to launch of new clothing and home goods brands.
- Assisted in securing two domain names through UDRP proceedings based on a celebrity's post-mortem rights of publicity.
- Trademark prosecution, counseling, and licensing for famous singer-songwriter.
- Drafted software agreements in connection with development of mobile apps.
- Trademark and trade dress prosecution, enforcement, and counseling for leading producer of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Successful representation of several clients in taking down infringing material on social media platforms.
- Trademark prosecution, enforcement, and counseling for restaurant chain with international trademark portfolio.
- "LinkedIn's Updated Terms of Service Aim to Increase Profile Visibility and Sharing," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, February 7, 2018
- Co-Author, "A Love and Hate Relationship With Social Media," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, November 1, 2017
- "How Animal Influencers are Changing the Way Brands Advertise," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, August 2, 2017 (cross-posted on Insurance Gateway, August 4, 2017)
- "Crowdfunding platforms and IP enforcement," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, May 12, 2017
- Co-Author, "One ¡Tequila! Two ¡Tequila! " Norton Rose Fulbright Brand Protection Blog, March 3, 2017
- Co-Author, "Use Them or Lose Them: U.S. Trademarks Put to the Proof," Norton Rose Fulbright Brand Protection Blog, February 9, 2017
- "FDA Proposes New Research on Social Media Promotion of Prescription Drugs," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, December 22, 2016
- "Serving up lawsuits via Facebook: social media provides creative solution under Federal Rules," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, December 7, 2016
- "These Aren't the Trademarks You're Looking for: Lucasfilm sues 'Lightsaber Academy' for Infringement," Norton Rose Fulbright Brand Protection Blog, October 24, 2016
Memberships and activities
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Accelerate - Center for Women in Law
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Lawyers for Children, Education Advocate