Tom Wong is a corporate lawyer based in Beijing.
Tom's practice focuses on foreign direct investment, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate compliance matters. He has advised foreign invested enterprises in a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, technology, media, energy and healthcare on its establishment, operations, acquisitions and dissolutions in China.
Tom graduated from Sun Yat-Sen University Law School with a Bachelor degree in law (2010), and a Master degree in law from Peking University Law School (2012). Apart from the PRC Bar Qualification Certificate, Tom also holds PRC securities and future profession qualification certificates. Tom is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Sun Yat-Sen University Law School with a Bachelor degree in law (2010);
- Master degree in law from Peking University Law School (2012).
- Advise a US-listed multinational food franchises company on its sales of North China operations.
- Advise a Swedish medical equipment company on its data protection strategies in China.
- Advise a multibillion Hong Kong cellphone/watch glass manufacturing company on its reorganization, mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions and intellectual property protection.
- Advise an Israeli investment company on the establishment and operation of a joint venture for an Agro-Solar PV Power project in China.
- Advise a US-based chemical company in relation to the establishment and operation of a WFOE in Shanghai Free Trade Zone and strategic alliance with Chinese manufacturers.
- Advise a US-based oil field equipment company in relation to a strategic alliance with a Chinese manufacturer.
- Advise a London stock exchange-listed multinational food flavouring company in relation to a share acquisition in China.
- Advise a NYSE-listed global leader on 3D printing technology with respect to corporate and commercial matters in China.
- Advise a Nasdaq-listed US software company in relation to corporate and commercial matters in China.
- Advise a China SOE in relation to an Energy Management Contracting (EMC) project in Hungary.
- Advise two English Football League clubs in relation to acquisitions by Chinese investors.
- Lawyer, qualified in People's Republic of China 2014