William Patrick Nicholson
William Nicholson’s practice focuses on project finance and related transactions.
JD, summa cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, Order of the Coif, Senior Articles Editor: University of Miami Law Review, Soia Mentshikoff Scholar, 2010
AB, summa cum laude, University of Georgia, 2006
- Represented the developer and lessee in the financing of 570 MW of the Alta Wind Energy Center in California (which included a Rule 144A bond offering, a bank cash grant bridge facility and a forward commitment for a sale-leaseback).
- Represented an equity investor in its construction period investments and subsequent partnership flip financings for (i) the US$375 million Chisholm View Wind Project, a 235 MW wind energy project in Oklahoma, (ii) the US$305 million Prairie Rose Wind Project, a 200 MW wind energy project in Minnesota and (iii) the US$370 million Buffalo Dunes Wind Project, a 250 MW wind energy project in Kansas.
- Represented the lenders in a US$222 million construction loan for the 150 MW Border Winds project in North Dakota and a US$286 million construction loan for the 200 MW Pleasant Valley Wind project in Minnesota.
- Represented the initial purchaser and lenders in the US$935 million senior secured project bond and bank financing for the Genesis Solar Project, a 250 MW solar thermal energy project in California.
- Represented an equity investor in connection with its purchase of an ownership interest in the Osage Wind Project, a 151 MW wind farm to be constructed in Oklahoma.
- Represented the sponsor in a US$990 million bank financing of a wind and solar portfolio in Canada.
- Represented the lead arranger, administrative agent and lenders in the senior secured bank financing of a 725 MW gas-fired power plant located in Maryland.
- Represented an equity investor in connection with its purchase of an ownership interest in the Keechi Creek Wind Project, a 110 MW wind farm in Texas.
- “Attention Shifts from a Clean Energy Bank to a Broader Infrastructure Bank,” Project Finance NewsWire, June 2011
- “Just Another Day in the Neighborhood?: The Shaping of a Legal and Social Consciousness in Harlem,” University of Miami Law Review 2009
A federal district court has dealt a setback to a United States Fish and Wildlife Service program for issuing long-term permits to wind farms and others allowing “incidental takes” of bald and gol....
September 10, 2015
Four competing proposals for a national infrastructure bank — one from the Obama administration and three others in the House and Senate — are starting to take shape in Washington....
June 11, 2011
Chadbourne & Parke LLP advised Deutsche Bank on the debt financing of Apex Clean Energy’s 217 MW renewable portfolio deal, which reached financial close on July 14....
July 21, 2016
Chadbourne Advises Alterra Power on Shannon Wind Farm Project\nChadbourne & Parke LLP has advised Alterra Power on a series of transactions related to the Shannon wind farm, a renewable energy....
December 15, 2015