Tracy Louise Horton
Tracy Horton’s practice focuses on the representation of public and private entities in domestic and international project finance and energy projects.
MA, Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, 2013
JD, Columbia Law School, 2004
BA, Northwestern University, 2000
- Ongoing representation of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation, Banco Centroamericano de Integracíón Económica, Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij Voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V. and Finnish Fund for Industrial Cooperation Ltd. on the financing of the multi-phase, ten 10MW solar PV power plant project to be located in various provinces of the Republic of El Salvador sponsored by AES Corporation and Corporación Multi Inversiones.
- Represented the Development Finance Institute Canada (DFIC) Inc. (FinDev Canada) in its first transaction, a US$10 million equity investment in M-Kopa, a leading 'pay-as-you-go' energy provider to off-grid homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Represented International Finance Corporation (IFC), Central American Bank For Economic Integration, Bancolombia, Banco General and Global Bank on the financing of the US$1 billion Colón LNG to Power Project in Panama, sponsored by The AES Corporation and Inversiones Bahía. The project is the largest combined–cycle power project (380 MW) and the first LNG import terminal to be built in Panama.
- Represented International Finance Corporation and Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) in the US$290 million financing and refinancing of the 141 MW Luz del Norte solar photovoltaic project sponsored by First Solar in Chile.
- Represented the Overseas Private Investment Corporation in connection with a US$47 million direct loan to support a 20 MW grid-connected solar photovoltaic facility in Clarendon, Jamaica. The project is being developed by Tampa, Florida-based WRB Enterprises.
- Represented Ormat Technologies, Inc., an international geothermal energy developer, in connection with equity financing and general corporate matters. A representative transaction is the sale of membership interests in ORPD LLC, a limited liability company that owns five Ormat geothermal power and recovered energy projects throughout the United States, to an affiliate of Northleaf Capital Partners, a Canadian investment firm.
- Represented OPIC, CitiBank, N.A. and Citibank Nigeria Limited in connection with a US$100 million loan to First City Monument Bank Limited, a Nigerian bank. Proceeds of the loan are to be on-lent to finance micro- and SME-enterprises, technology pilot programs and infrastructure-related projects.
- Represented a consortium of lenders on the financing of the 674 MW combined-cycle Salem Harbor Power Station in Salem, Massachusetts.
- Represented a consortium of lenders on the US$4.025 billion financing of Train Two of the Freeport LNG liquefaction and export project located in Freeport, Texas. The Freeport LNG liquefaction project is an approximately US$11 billion project.
- Represented OPIC and the Inter-American Development Bank, on the US$220 million financing of the 72 MW Crucero solar project in Chile, sponsored by SunEdison, Inc.
- Represented lenders in connection with the approximately US$1 billion workout and restructuring of the Orinoco Iron Project, a hot-briquetted iron project in Venezuela.
- Represented General Electric in the lease commencement of a sale-leaseback gas-fired power plant in Wisconsin.
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York State Bar
- Co-author, "Utilizing Structured Financing Techniques," Reorganizing Failing Businesses, 2006
- Co-author, "Toll Road Update," Project Finance NewsWire, October 2005
- Co-author, "Ocean Energy: Whose Approval is Needed?," Project Finance NewsWire, August 2005
Memberships and activities
- Manager – Project Finance, Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation, 2009-2012
The federal highway bill signed by President Bush in August earmarks $833 million for projects within 100 miles of the US borders with Mexico and Canada....
October 01, 2005
Energy projects in the oceans off the coast of the United States raise interesting questions about whose permission one needs to build....
August 01, 2005
IJGlobal, the leading global energy and infrastructure trade publication, awarded the Freeport LNG financing three “IJ Global Awards,” recognizing deals of the year....
March 18, 2015
Chadbourne & Parke LLP represented the lenders on the financing of the 674 MW combined-cycle Salem Harbor Power Station in Salem, Massachusetts....
January 09, 2015