Sue Wang’s practice focuses on representing project developers and lenders in project finance transactions, with a particular emphasis on solar and wind energy projects. Her renewable energy work includes both utility-scale and distributed generation projects.
In addition to project finance and project development, Ms. Wang has extensive experience in acquisition finance and M&A transactions. She has also represented closely held companies across a broad spectrum of corporate legal needs, including venture finance and exit planning.
JD, magna cum laude, Michigan Law Review and Clarence Darrow Scholar, University of Michigan Law School, 2005
BA, magna cum laude, Rice University, 2002
- Represented NRG Renew LLC in multiple rounds of tax equity financing. The financings included diverse portfolios of solar projects of all sizes, including community solar projects and the largest rooftop solar project in the US (at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas).
- Represented the lenders to SunEdison, Inc. before, during, and after it declared bankruptcy. Ms. Wang managed a US$150M construction revolving loan that successfully built over 100 MW in commercial and industrial solar projects, and all outstanding loans were fully repaid after the SunEdison bankruptcy.
- Represented PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. as tax equity investor in three utility-scale solar projects in California.
- Represented PGGM as an equity investor in a US$300M portfolio of SolarCity residential solar projects.
- Represented Apollo Towers Myanmar Ltd., a developer of communication infrastructure, in a US$250M Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) financing that was the first of its kind in Myanmar.
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia State Bar
- "22 Legal Mistakes You Don’t Have to Make: A Guide for Start-ups, Small Businesses, & Tech Entrepreneurs," Papervine Press, 2012
Chadbourne & Parke LLP advised NRG Energy Inc. in connection with the financing for the 2.1 MW expansion of a solar project on the roof of the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas....
July 15, 2016