Robert Gambo’s practice focuses on the representation of lenders and developers in the financing of a variety of infrastructure projects, with a focus in renewable energy.
JD, cum laude, Fordham University School of Law, 2013
BA, Wesleyan University, 2010
- Represented the Inter-American Development Bank in connection with the long-term refinancing of the 50 MW Jacinta Solar photovoltaic solar power station located in Salto, Uruguay.
- Represented the lenders, DNB Group, Agencia en Chile and Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A., New York Branch, in connection with the short-term financing of the 50 MW Jacinta Solar photovoltaic solar power station located in Salto, Uruguay.
- Represented the lenders, including the Inter-American Development Bank, International Finance Corporation, Overseas Private Investment Corporation, Banco de Credito Inversiones S.A., Banco del Estado de Chile, Banco Itaú Chile, Corpbanca, DNB Bank ASA and KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH on the project financing of the 531 MW Alto Maipo hydroelectric power project in Chile, sponsored by AES Gener S.A. and Antofagasta plc. The total financing represents US$1.217 billion of the approximately US$2.05 billion construction costs. The deal was awarded “2013 Latin America Power Deal of the Year Award” by Project Finance International.
- Represented the sponsors in the construction financing and subsequent partnership flip financing of a 202 MW wind energy project located in Texas.
- Represented PNC Energy Capital LLC, as tax equity investor, in various sale/leaseback transactions with SunPower Corp., Sunlight Fund, LLC (Kenyon/Conergy/Rockwell Financial), Kenyon Energy, Silicon Ranch Corporation and Spear Point Energy, LLC. These transactions included rooftop and ground-mounted solar photovoltaic systems located in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland and Mississippi.
- Represented Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation in providing a US$45 million back-leverage loan in connection with a 26 MW solar photovoltaic project located in California.
- Represented Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation in connection with a leveraged sale/leaseback of a 35 MW solar photovoltaic project located in Arizona.
- Represented Ormat Technologies, Inc. in connection with the US$42 million refinancing of a 20 MW geothermal power project in Guatemala.
- Represented the sponsor in connection with the back-leveraged partnership flip financing of an 18.6 MW solar photovoltaic project located in Maryland.
Memberships and activities
- Staff Member, Fordham Law Review
Chadbourne Advises Alterra Power on Shannon Wind Farm Project\nChadbourne & Parke LLP has advised Alterra Power on a series of transactions related to the Shannon wind farm, a renewable energy....
December 15, 2015