Jacob Yaniero is a member of the Projects Group. He assists developers and lenders in the financing, purchase and sale of renewable energy and natural gas infrastructure projects in North America and Latin America. He also helps clients navigate regulatory issues related to renewable energy and natural gas infrastructure projects, particularly before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
JD, with honors, The George Washington University Law School
BA, with honors, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Represented U.S. affiliate of Canadian renewables company, BluEarth Renewables LP, in the acquisition of a majority interest in two operating wind facilities located in Meeker County, Minnesota totaling 39.6 MW. A subsidiary of Zions Bancorporation acted as Sole Lead Arranger for the financing to support the transaction.
- Represented Standard Solar, with RBC as tax equity investor, on a portfolio of commercial and industrial solar installations.
- Represented the lenders on the over US$2.4 billion restructuring of the 531 MW Alto Maipo hydroelectric power project in Chile, sponsored by AES Gener S.A. and Antofagasta plc. The lenders included the Inter-American Development Bank, International Finance Corporation, Overseas Private Investment Corporation, Banco de Credito Inversiones S.A., Banco del Estado de Chile, Banco Itaú Chile, Corpbanca, DNB Bank ASA and KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH.
- Represented the tax equity investor in a front-levered partnership flip tax equity financing of a portfolio of community solar projects in Massachusetts. The sponsor was 38 Degrees North.
- Represented the tax equity investor in a US$150 million master partnership flip facility and subsequent upsizing to finance a portfolio of residential and commercial solar facilities for SolarCity.
- Represented the buyer on a US$110.5 million purchase of two refined coal facilities. The seller was Tinuum, a joint venture among ADA-ES, a publicly-traded company in the business of developing and marketing technologies for reducing air emissions at coal-fired power plants, Republic Financial and Goldman Sachs. The two facilities the buyer purchased sit adjacent to the Keystone and Conemaugh power stations, two 50-year old, 1,200+ MW power plants in western Pennsylvania.
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York State Bar
Memberships and activities
- Law Clerk, Assistant General Counsel for Procurement and Financial Assistance, U.S. Department of Energy
- Jacob is an active member in Norton Rose Fulbright's pro bono practice, particularly in assisting clients with SIJS, U-Visa and other types of immigration-related relief