Stephanie is a member of the Intellectual Property Brands group. Her practice includes trademark and copyright matters, including counseling clients on selecting and clearing trademarks, protecting trademarks through prosecution of applications for trademark registrations before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, as well as internationally, developing and policing trademark portfolios. She also counsels clients on copyright prosecution and disputes. Additionally, Stephanie has experience enforcing intellectual property rights on social media platforms and other websites.
- JD, with honors, The University of Texas Law School, 2017
- BS, cum laude, Business Administration, University of Southern California, 2013
In law school, Stephanie was a Teaching Quizmaster for the Legal Research and Writing Program, Domestic Violence Clinic. She was also active in the Texas Business Law Society, the Women's Law Caucus, Texas International Law Journal, and the Texas Law Professional Development Institute: Law Firm Track Spring 2015.
Stephanie has experience in international policing of global trademark portfolio for a large multinational conglomerate corporation. She also has experience preparing trademark applications and responses to United States Patent and Trademark Office Actions for new and expanding companies.
- "#trademarked?," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, November 6, 2018
- "Grumpy Cat Back In Court," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, July 25, 2018
- "Grumpy Cat Almost Smiling Over Big Award," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, March 14, 2018
- "Ninth Circuit Reverses Social Media Gag Order," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, December 22, 2017
- "Court Looks to Social Media for Evidence of Trademark Infringement," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, October 25, 2017
- Contributor, "Instant Fame and the FTC Endorsement Guides," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, June 30, 2016
- Contributor, "U.S. Trademark Office Proposes Fee Increases," Norton Rose Fulbright Brand Protection Blog, June 27, 2016
- "Trademark Basics for Small Business Owners," Pflugerville Black Business Builders Annual Symposium, February 16, 2018
Memberships and activities
- American Bar Association
- Austin Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Assocation
- Texas Young Lawyers Assocation
- AmeriCorps alumna