Richard Fogl is a corporate and commercial lawyer based in Sydney. He leads the life sciences and healthcare group in Australia and specialises in mergers and acquisitions.
Richard provides corporate advisory services to a broad range of clients including listed public companies, subsidiaries of overseas multi-nationals and other Australian businesses.
His extensive transactional experience is the result of more than 30 years’ practice in Australia, Hong Kong and London.
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of NSW (1981)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of NSW (1983)
- Acted for Medibank Private Limited (ASX 50 company) in relation to various outsourced healthcare services transactions and issues including telephone nurse triage and other government health services initiatives.
- Acted for Medibank Private Limited on the sale of its travel and workplace health businesses.
- Represented Bayer on the Australian aspects of the global disposal of its diabetes division.
- Represented Zimmer on the Australian aspects of its global merger with Biomet, Inc.
- Acted for Zimmer Biomet on several M&A transactions.
- Advised various healthcare companies on privacy and health records regulations.
- Acted for Thorn Group Limited (ASX listed) on its acquisition of Cash Resources Australia Pty Ltd.
- Acted for Thorn Group Limited on the sale of its credit management business to Credit Corp Limited.
- Acted for the vendors on the sale of 100 per cent of the shares in Heyday5 to Southern Cross Electrics (ASX listed)
- Day to day legal adviser on a broad range of commercial contracts, issues and transactions for a diverse range of companies.
- England and Wales 1990
- New South Wales 1984
- Hong Kong 1990
Memberships and activities
Norton Rose Fulbright acts for leading electrical contracting business Heyday5 on its sale to Southern Cross Electrical Engineering.
March 23, 2017
Norton Rose Fulbright acts for Thorn Group in sale of receivables company to Credit Corp.
September 15, 2016