Katherine Lang is a real estate lawyer based in London. She focuses on commercial property, including acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant matters, real estate aspects of renewable energy transactions, and hotels and hospitality transactions (acting for both owner and operator).
Katherine previously worked in our Dubai office for two years, including nine months on secondment to Mubadala Development Company in Abu Dhabi. Whilst on secondment, Katherine advised Mubadala as landlord on the pre-letting of 180,000 square metres of office premises at the landmark Sowwah Island project in Abu Dhabi.
Katherine joined the firm in 2004 and qualified in 2006. Prior to joining the firm, she worked as a research assistant in the Property and Trusts Law Team at the Law Commission of England and Wales, focusing on the reform of the law of easements.
- Legal Practice Course, Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, 2003
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Law, Oxford Brookes University, 2002
- MA (Hons), University of Oxford (St Peter's College), 2001
- HSBC – on the development financing of the mixed-use redevelopment of the Ram Brewery site in Wandsworth, London.
- ABC International – on the Islamic acquisition financing and development financing of Park Crescent West, Regents Park, London.
- ABC International – on the Islamic financing of the Residences at Corinthia Hotel, Whitehall, London.
- JG Pears – on the property aspects of the development and project financing of a biomass-fuelled CHP facility in Newark, Nottinghamshire.
- HB Reavis – on the acquisition and subsequent redevelopment of 33 King William Street, London EC4 ("33 Central").
- West End of London Property Unit Trust – on the acquisition, letting, management and disposal of various properties in central London.
- DP World – on a property joint venture with ProLogis, in relation to a logistics unit at London Gateway.
- Quercus Investment Partners – on the acquisition and financing of various solar farm projects across the United Kingdom.
- ARTIC Leicester Square Limited – on the acquisition of the W Hotel and M&Ms Store, Leicester Square, London, the management and disposal of the branded residential units located above the W Hotel, and subsequent management matters relating to the hotel, retail and restaurant.
- Al Fawares – on the hotel management documentation for the W Hotel, Cairo, Egypt.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Why it's better to have a back-up power supply - Estates Gazette, 26 July 2017
- Concerns Remain Over New Electronic Communications Code - Construction News, 8 September 2016
- Brexit - The Effect on UK Real Estate Fund Managers - Inside Brexit Law, 31 August 2016
- Upstairs, Downstairs: Retail Units - Controlling the Use - Estates Gazette, 24 November 2012
- Don't Have an Aversion to Reversionary Leases - Property Week, 25 November 2011
Memberships and activities
- The Association of Women in Property
- Commercial Real Estate Legal Association
Katherine Lang, Laura Hodgson and Benjamin Cottle answer the vital questions for tenants about back-up power supply in leasehold premises..
September 01, 2017
The Government announces a new capital grants scheme for UK infrastructure.
July 12, 2017