Petar Kuessner is a Partner in our Sydney office where he specialises in Banking & Finance transactional and advisory work, including:
- Securitisation and structured finance, including commercial paper, warehouse and term financing arrangements and repackaging vehicles
- Debt capital markets involving listed and unlisted, secured and unsecured securities issued into the domestic and international capital markets, including Kangaroo bond programmes, domestic corporate bond programmes and global issuance programmes
- Derivatives, including carbon emissions trading derivatives, equity and credit derivatives, fund-linked derivatives, CPPI, commodities, rates and currency and electricity and debt securities linked to derivatives
- Advice on netting, credit support and other collateral arrangements and investment manager supplements
- Wholesale and retail structured products, including capital-protected index-linked notes and deferred purchase agreements
- Aircraft finance and rail finance
Petar has worked in London and Sydney on a wide range of domestic and international transactions. He has extensive experience in mortgage-backed and asset-backed securitisation (including the securitisation of auto, rail and aircraft lease portfolios), debt capital markets and structured derivatives and has acted for arrangers, financiers, dealers, issuers and originators of programmes in the Australian, New Zealand, Asian, European and US bond and commercial paper markets, as well as trustees, security trustees, swap counterparties, rating agencies and monoline insurers. Petar also specialises in asset and structured finance, particularly in the aviation and rail sectors and general syndicated and corporate lending. This broad experience enables Petar to understand his clients’ business, quickly identify the relevant commercial and legal issues and provide commercial and solutions-driven advice to clients. Petar has worked on some of the most innovative securitisation, structured finance, derivative-linked and asset finance transactions in the European and Australian markets, a number of which have won industry awards.
Petar is an active member of the Australian Securitisation Forum (ASF) and participates in the ASF’s securitisation and structured finance initiatives and the Australian Financial Markets Association (AFMA) and participates in AFMA’s derivatives initiatives, including being on AFMA’s Carbon Markets Committee that drafted AFMA’s standard documentation for carbon trading derivatives in the Australian market. Petar also lectures extensively in the area of derivatives, including being AFMA’s primary presenter for AFMA’s “Introductory OTC Documentation Workshop” and “Advanced OTC Documentation Workshop” and is a presenter of a derivatives topic in the University of Sydney’s Master of Laws programme.
In January 2012, the Corporations and Markets Advisory Committee (CAMAC) released its “Derivatives Report” (Report) following its review of the existing....
The Federal Court of Australia handed down a landmark judgment on 5 November 2012 that will have significant implications for financial institutions and those....
International legal practice Norton Rose Group has acted for Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited, owner and operator of Brisbane Airport, in connection with ....