Peter Noble has practised in London since 1996. He previously practised in the Montréal office. His practice involves corporate and securities law, with an emphasis on corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Noble regularly acts for Canadian sovereign, corporate and financial institution issuers or their international dealers in the international debt markets (including European Medium Term Note programs, stand-alone issues and Covered Bond programs) and for international dealers and foreign issuers in respect of securities offerings in Canada on a private and public basis (including Maple bonds).
Mr. Noble has participated in debt and equity financings in Canada for both issuers and underwriters by way of public offerings and private placements, as well as offerings by Canadian issuers under the Multijurisdictional Disclosure System adopted by the US Securities and Exchange Commission and Canadian securities regulatory authorities. He has participated in a number of initial public offerings in various industry segments, including telecommunications and technology.
In addition to his securities work, Mr. Noble has participated in the purchase and sale/combination of businesses in Canada, including the formation of international and domestic joint ventures in the telecommunications industry.
Mr. Noble acted recently for the following clients:
- VW Credit Canada, Inc. in connection with the renewal of Volkswagen’s €25 billion debt issuance programme
- Bombardier Inc. in connection with a new European offering of €780 million aggregate principal amount of new senior notes due 2021 and debt tender offers to purchase certain series of Bombardier’s outstanding notes
- The dealers, in connection with the renewal of National Bank of Canada’s US$5 billion Euro Note Programme
- The underwriters, in connection with Quebec’s issue of US$1.5 billion of 3.50% Global Notes Series QJ due July 29, 2020
- The issuer, in connection with the Royal Bank of Canada’s update of its US$40 billion programme for the issuance of securities
- The dealers, in connection with Province of Manitoba’s issue of US$600 million of 2.625% Global Debentures Series FQ due July 15, 2015
- Royal Bank of Canada in connection with the US$1.5 billion offering of covered bonds, under Rule 144A in the United States, on a private placement basis in Canada, and in Europe
- Royal Bank of Canada in connection with the offering in Canada of covered bonds in an aggregate amount of $850 million due March 16, 2015
- The dealers, in connection with the issue of US$600 Million 2.125% Global Debentures Series FO due April 22, 2013, by the Province of Manitoba
- The dealers, in connection with the update of Province of Manitoba’s US$2.5 billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme
Rankings and recognitions
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2013-2014: Corporate/M&A (Experts Based Abroad)
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2012: Corporate/M&A (UK), Capital Markets: Debt (UK), Corporate/M&A (Canada)
- IFLR (International Financial Law Review) 1000 - The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms - Leading lawyer in capital markets, 2012-2014
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- International Primary Market Association
- Canadian representative on Working Groups on EU financial services directives
The race is on to finalise “level II” implementing measures in time for when the new securitisation framework applies on January 1, 2019..
April 12, 2018
London Stock Exchange (LSE) launched a new multilateral trading facility (MTF), the International Securities Market (ISM), in May 2017..
August 14, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised the managers in relation to the Province of British Columbia’s syndicated issue of INR 5bn notes under its Euro Note Issuance Programme..
September 15, 2016
A cross-border Norton Rose Fulbright team has advised the Sydney branch of Royal Bank of Canada on fixed and floating notes..
August 07, 2015