Mr. Lefebvre is known as an expert mediator. He has thus resolved, without the necessity of litigation, the vast majority of the cases he has handled. He is currently handling many transfer pricing cases involving public companies in the pharmaceutical, construction, apparel, industrial and services sectors. He is also responsible for many cases in which international and treaty issues are raised.
Clients for whom Mr. Lefebvre acted include the following:
- Valiant Cleaning Technology Inc., as lead counsel before the Tax Court of Canada in a case involving the determination of whether advances made by the taxpayer to its UK-based subsidiary were on income account, and not capital
- Bombardier Inc., as lead counsel before the Quebec courts in a case involving capital tax issues of substantial monetary importance
- Hydro-Québec, as lead counsel in a case of national importance involving the determination of whether the entire network equipment of Hydro-Québec was exempt from federal sales tax. In the final analysis, more than $250 million was refunded to the client
- CAE Inc., as lead counsel before the Federal Court of Appeal on the question of the tax treatment of the sale of simulators
- Mr. Lefebvre was appointed amicus curiae to the Supreme Court of Canada to debate the constitutional validity of provincial sales tax legislation