Heidi Reinhart’s practice covers all aspects of corporate and securities law, with an emphasis on public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and providing corporate governance and securities regulatory advice.
Ms. Reinhart has represented both public companies and underwriters in connection with public offerings and has acted on behalf of issuers and investors in numerous private placement transactions. Ms. Reinhart has also represented both purchasers and vendors (public and private corporations) in various acquisitions.
In addition, Ms. Reinhart is a member of our special situations team, which focuses on shareholder activist and defence mandates and complex reorganization transactions.
Ms. Reinhart worked at our Toronto office as a summer student in 2004 and articled with us in 2006. She was awarded the Board of Governors’ Medal in Law upon graduation from the University of Windsor's faculty of law.
J.D., University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, 2005
LL.B., University of Windsor, 2005
B.Sc. (Hons.), University of Toronto, 2002
Clients for whom Ms. Reinhart has acted include:
- Royal Bank of Canada with domestic public offerings of preferred shares and debt raising the equivalent of over C$4.6 billion, including its inaugural C$200 million domestic offering of Basel‑III compliant non‑cumulative, 5‑year rate reset preferred shares series AZ
- Royal Bank of Canada with international public offerings of debt, including its inaugural US$1.5 billion offering of Basel‑III compliant subordinated notes in the US and a C$1 billion offering of Samurai bonds in Japan
- Jaguar Mining Inc. in its US$320 million recapitalization and financing transaction pursuant to a plan of compromise and arrangement
- VW Credit Canada, Inc. in connection with the renewal of Volkswagen’s €25 billion debt issuance programme
- Agrium Inc. in its successful high‑profile defence opposite JANA Partners LLC
- Dundee Corporation with the spin‑off of DREAM Unlimited Corp. by means of a plan of arrangement
- Nortel Networks Corporation and Nortel Networks Limited in connection with Nortel’s divestitures after it entered protection pursuant to the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act
- Chieftain Metals Inc., a mineral properties acquisition, exploration and development company, in its $17.5 million TSX initial public offering
- HearUSA Inc. in the sale of the assets of its Canadian subsidiaries to Helix Inc. for $28.6 million
Rankings and recognitions
- Board of Governors’ Medal in Law, University of Windsor
- Noted as a Lawyer to Watch by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory in Business Law.
- “Dual Listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the Lima Stock Exchange,” Peru Under The New Government, Norton Rose Canada and the Peruvian-Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Toronto, October 26, 2011.
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
Key takeaways: expect to see an increased use of hard lock-ups (that is, lock-ups in which a shareholder agrees to tender shares even if a superior bid comes along), which will provide bidders with reduced risk during the new 105-day bid period .
March 29, 2018
Non-standard accounting practices have been gaining in popularity among Canadian publicly traded companies. Issuers that rely solely on standard accounting metrics now make up a small minority of the companies listed in the S&P 500 and S&P/TSX 60. .
September 29, 2016
Global legal practice Norton Rose Fulbright has today announced a total of 51 partner promotions worldwide. .
April 24, 2015
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada announces that a 16 of its lawyers and patent agents have been admitted to the partnership and named Of Counsel.
December 16, 2014