Frank Henkel is a corporate lawyer based in Munich. He has a broad range of experience in acting for clients in the financial institutions, technology and automotive sectors both on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions as well as on corporate restructurings/reorganisations.
He is regularly advising on FinTech related investments, acquisitions and joint ventures including in particular the payment services and cryptocurrency sectors. Frank is frequently speaking at seminars on FinTech regulation in Germany.
Frank has recently advised several automotive manufacturers and suppliers on the corporate and regulatory aspects of autonomous driving and mobility services with a focus on joint ventures and co-investments.
Frank graduated from the Universities of Munich and Oxford. He was admitted as a lawyer in 2006 and joined us in the same year.
A German native speaker, Frank is also fluent in English and French.
- Bayerische Motoren Werke – on the global joint venture with Daimler AG combining the entire mobility services offering (including ride-hailing, car-sharing, charging, parking and multimodality)
- Bayerische Motoren Werke – on the buy-out of several minority shareholders in parking services provider Parkmobile
- Bayerische Motoren Werke – on the reorganisation of its fleet leasing services in Germany including the merger between Alphabet and LHS
- BMW Bank – on the reorganization of its financial services division in Spain, France and Italy including cross-border mergers
- AnaCap Financial Partners, the specialist European financial services private equity firm – on the acquisition of a majority stake in online payment company Heidelberger Payment.
- AnaCap Financial Partners, the specialist European financial services private equity firm – on the acquisition of POS terminal provider StarTec Payment & Service GmbH
- ReachLocal GmbH, a leading provider of online marketing and advertising solutions – on the sale of its business to RegioHelden GmbH
- International private equity group – on the establishment of a cryptocurrency exchange platform integrated into a financial services/banking services provider as well as on the co-investment into a FinTech platform for the provision of services to a bank specialised in car financing
- Ikano – on the reorganisation of the business of the German subsidiary in connection with the cross border merger onto the Swedish bank
- Nordea Bank – on the transfer of the entire German business operations from the Finish to the Swedish branch
- Amundi – on the merger of its asset management activities in Germany including the setting up of a new branch office
- Encore Capital and JC Flowers as shareholders of Cabot Financial – in the bidding process for German debt collection group GFKL
- IMI Plc – on the acquisition of the pneumatics division of a leading German industrial group in a bidding process
- Chinese consortium led by China Renaissance Capital Investment, Inc. and Zhengzhou Coal Mining Machinery Group Co., Ltd. – on the acquisition of the global starter motors and generators business of Robert Bosch in an auction process
- Instrument Systems Optische Messtechnik – on the sale to Konica Minolta Optics
- US based Nexovation group – in the bidding process for the Nürburgring racetrack
- Autonomous vehicles: The legal landscape of Dedicated Short Range Communication in the US, UK and Germany, 7/2017
- Regulatorische Rahmenbedingungen für FinTechs in Deutschland, Venture Capital Magazin, 3/2017
- Autonomous vehicles: The legal landscape in Germany, 7/2016
- Le secteur de la finance en mutation – une renaissance pour les FUSAQ?, 3/2015
- Award of World Honour for Dr Jürgen Reul, General Counsel of Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
Memberships and activities
- German and Munich bar association
- European Finance Forum (EFF)
Status quo and outlook from the perspective of vehicle manufacturers, suppliers, insurers and other market participants..
29 November 2018
Wir sind Gastgeber der Business Breakfast Veranstaltungsreihe von creditshelf mit dem Thema „Alternative Mittelstandsfinanzierung – bankenunabhängiges Fremdkapital“ in Hamburg, Frankfurt und München. .
30. November 2017
We are excited to share the third volume of our Autonomous vehicles (AV) white paper—our most ambitious to date. .
September 14, 2018
Autonomous, connected driving is currently at the forefront of developments in business and technology. Not a week passes without new superlatives of....
July 12, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised the Prüfungsverband deutscher Banken e.V., PV (Auditing Association of German Banks) on its audit related to the admission of HSH Nordbank AG as member of the Auditing Association..
November 09, 2018
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright advised Purplebricks on the formation of a joint venture with Axel Springer and the joint acquisition, in a first step, of approximately 26 per cent of the shares in German online real estate broker Homeday, based in Berlin..
October 19, 2018