Peter J. Allegretto
Peter Allegretto practises in the areas of corporate and securities law. His practice focuses on securities transactions, including public and private securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate reorganizations.
Mr. Allegretto also assists clients with corporate governance, regulatory compliance, continuous disclosure and general corporate matters.
Year of call
J.D., University of Toronto, 2008
B.Comm., University of Toronto, 2005
Selected client work
Mr. Allegretto acted recently for:
- Barrick Gold Corporation in its divestiture of Barrick Energy Inc. for C$455 million
- WesternZagros Resources Ltd. in two non-brokered private placements totalling C$100 million aggregate principal amount of 4.00% convertible senior unsecured notes
- The underwriters on a C$115 million equity offering by Peyto Exploration & Development Corp.
- Cenovus Energy Inc. in its public offering in the United States of US$500 million of 10-year senior unsecured notes and US$750 million of 30-year senior unsecured notes
- EPCOR Utilities Inc. in its C$225 million secondary offering of common shares of Capital Power Corporation
Memberships and activities
- Advocates for Injured Workers, caseworker, 2005-2008