Kirk A. Litvenenko
Kirk Litvenenko practises in the areas of securities and corporate finance. He has advised clients in the structuring and implementation of mergers and acquisitions, recapitalization and reorganization transactions, and public and private offerings, including “start-up” venture financings, initial public offerings and private equity financings. Mr. Litvenenko also advises clients regarding applicable stock exchange requirements, corporate governance matters and continuous disclosure obligations.
He is the corporate secretary of a number of public and private companies.
Year of call
LL.B., University of Saskatchewan, 1998
B.A., University of Saskatchewan, 1997
Selected client work
Clients for whom Mr. Litvenenko has acted include:
- Serafina Energy Ltd., as lead counsel, in connection with its $100 million in property and corporate acquisitions and $250 million of US, Canadian and offshore private equity investment
- Cequence Energy Ltd., as lead counsel, in connection with its $60 million high-yield notes financing involving CPPIB Credit Investments Inc.
- Charger Energy Corp., as lead counsel, in connection with its $300 million strategic business combination with Pace Oil & Gas and AvenEx Energy to form Spyglass Resources Corp.
- Marquee Petroleum Ltd., as lead counsel, in connection with its $40 million strategic business combination with SkyWest Energy Corp.
- Cequence Energy Ltd., as lead counsel, in connection with the concurrently announced $225 million business combination with Temple Energy Inc. by way of a plan of arrangement, $44 million short-form prospectus offering, $10 million private placement of flow-through shares, $6 million private placement of common shares to insiders, $85 million acquisition of assets in the Deep Basin area of Alberta, and $37 million disposition of properties in the Sinclair area
- Cequence Energy Ltd., as lead counsel, in connection with the recapitalization and reorganization of Sabretooth Energy Ltd. and a concurrent $46 million equity financing
- Brookfield Asset Management in connection with an equity restructuring and internal financing of Ember Resources concurrent with Ember’s $220 million acquisition of properties
- A US-based pension fund’s indirect $257 million acquisition of Tusk Energy Corporation
- Cyries Energy Inc. in connection with its $1 billion strategic business combination with Iteration Energy Ltd.
- Petrofund Energy Trust in connection with its $11 billion strategic business combination with Penn West Energy Trust
Memberships and activities