Bénédicte Denis is a corporate lawyer based in Paris. Bénédicte specialises in corporate and regulatory advice to financial services and insurance industry clients.
Bénédicte advises French and international institutions across the financial sector (banks, insurers, reinsurers, intermediaries and other market participants) on domestic and cross-border transactions, including share acquisitions and disposals, asset and business transfers, portfolio transfers, joint ventures and corporate reorganisations.
Bénédicte also carries out non-transactional work for financial institutions and provides advice on a wide range of legal and regulatory matters relating to their businesses, including the setting up of new businesses, new authorisations, ongoing business regulation, product distribution, product regulation and compliance.
In the insurance sector, Bénédicte is recommended by Legal 500 EMEA – France 2012 as “excellent and commercially astute” and by Who’s Who Legal - Insurance & Reinsurance 2012 as “brilliant”.
Bénédicte spent 16 years in another international full service law firm where she was made a partner in 2007. She joined our practice in June 2012.
Bénédicte was admitted to the Paris Bar in 1996 and as a solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales in 1999.
She speaks French and English.
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- “Portefeuilles d'assurance : (i) le transfert à l'aune du droit français; (ii) un aperçu en droit comparé”, La Tribune de l'Assurance, December 2010 and January 2011
- “Loi de régulation bancaire et financière: Vers un statut uniforme pour les intermédiaires financiers”, Revue Banque & Droit, December 2010
- The Acquisitions Directive: any better prospects for acquisitions in the financial services sector in France?, International Law Office (ILO), Corporate Finance/M&A – France, November 2010
- Insurance portfolio transfers: move on and let go, International Bar Association (IBA) - Insurance Committee, Substantive Project, August 2010
- D&O Cover: joining the dots: a comparative analysis of the form and nature of liabilities to which corporate representatives are exposed and the products available to cover such liabilities), International Bar Association (IBA) - Insurance Committee, Substantive Project, July 2009
- EU Bank Stabilisation Measures: Weathering the Storm, PLC Cross-border, PLC Finance, PLC Financial Services, PLC Law Department Series: Features. June 2009
In this article we have asked some of our partners across the firm for their views on the big issues that will affect the insurance industry in their region over the next few months..
July 26, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised AnaCap Financial Partners (AnaCap), the specialist European financial services private equity firm, on its acquisition of French intelligence business provider Ellisphere from Natixis SA. The transaction was completed on April 13, 2017..
April 21, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised Allianz SE on its acquisition of Zurich Insurance Company Ltd’s Moroccan subsidiary..
November 09, 2016